- Sales Coordination Manager - Geeste, Emsland, Germany
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Head Grower/Agronomist - Cambridge, New Zealand
- Research Greenhouse Manager - Durham (New Hampshire) USA
- Customer Account Manager - New Milton, UK
- Head of Sales, Europe
- Innovation Leader - Crop Trials in Bologna, Italy
- Sales consultant for nursery and horticultural products - Australia
- Business Developer Soft Fruit
- Head Grower - Cathedral City, California USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Export volumes almost double last year
South African avocados to hit EU shores
The first shipment will arrive in Europe early next week, followed by the first UK arrival in a week or two. This season's volumes will almost double the 27,000 tons exported last year. Derek Donkin, CEO of the South African Avocado Growers’ Association (SAAGA), said that growing conditions have been excellent, "plenty of rain in the first part of the growing season followed by dry and sunny weather later has allowed a heavy crop with good internal quality."
The South African fruit is arriving to a good European market demand, with the Israeli season ending early and the Spanish fruit affected by the cold in February.
According to Donkin, South African avocado production is set to increase in the coming years with an extra 250 HA being planted each year. New markets are being explored for this extra production, including the US and Japan. This is subject to satisfying the technical requirements of these countries.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-03-22 Kenya: Kirinyaga farmers form society to market avocados
- 2019-03-22 "Tainung mangoes dominate Beijing market"
- 2019-03-22 New Zealand North Island avocado scheme going for growth
- 2019-03-21 The continuance of kiwifruit’s golden run
- 2019-03-21 Cameroon: the pineapple industry affected by the yellow vests movement
- 2019-03-21 Stem cell science to speed avocado tree growth
- 2019-03-20 Ecuador: Pitahaya exporters eyeing Brazil, Peru and China
- 2019-03-20 Dominican Republic: Monte Plata will export 180,000 pineapples a week to Europe
- 2019-03-20 Malaysian firm Newleaf to tap into huge durian demand in China
- 2019-03-20 Malaysia: PLS Plantations shareholders approve diversification into durians
- 2019-03-19 Myanmar: Avocado prices hampered by poor harvesting techniques
- 2019-03-19 Xuwen pineapple promotion comes to Shanghai
- 2019-03-19 Chinese mango production declined in 2019 and quality is uneven, what will happen to the price?
- 2019-03-19 Taiwan: Pineapple price struggles
- 2019-03-19 Mango industry discovers highly infectious bacteria as cause of RCD
- 2019-03-19 Saint Lucia breadfruit very much in demand
- 2019-03-18 Durians: Pungent ‘J-Queen’ sells for US$1,000 in Indonesia
- 2019-03-18 Pineapple: small offer and rising prices
- 2019-03-18 Kenya eyes China for avocado exports
- 2019-03-18 New Zealand’s Nelson family business: Feijoas year-round.