Prognosfruit, the leading annual event for the apple and pear sector in Europe, will take place in Belgrade, Serbia, from the 3rd to the 5th of August 2022, returning as an in-person event after two successful online editions. Registrations for Prognosfruit 2022, organised by WAPA in cooperation with Serbia Does Apples, are now open on the Prognosfruit website.
Since 1976, Prognosfruit has released the annual apple and pear production forecast for the upcoming season. This year, the three-day event during which the report will be released will see representatives of the sector gather to discuss the Northern Hemisphere situation as well as global perspectives for apples and pears. The complete programme of Prognosfruit 2022 is available below and on the Prognosfruit website, along with the online registration form to attend the conference.
The 3-day event will be structured as follows:
- On August 3rd, the Prognosfruit 2022 participants will enjoy a sightseeing tour of the city of Belgrade, followed by the Welcome Reception, which will take place at Belgrade’s Royal Palace;
- The Prognosfruit 2022 Conference will take place on August 4th at the Hyatt Regency Belgrade. In the morning session, the European apple and pear forecast for the upcoming season will be revealed and complemented by an analysis of the market situation in the USA and China and a panel discussion with the major EU producers.
- The afternoon session will focus on the global perspectives for apples and pears, with an analysis of rising costs and logistical hurdles and an analysis of the sector in the EU neighbourhood;
- The Conference will be followed by a Gala Dinner at the Kalemegdanska terasa on the evening of August 4th;
- The event will conclude on August 5th with a technical visit to the apple orchard of the company Atos Fructum, on the southern slope of Fruška Gora.
All the information about Prognosfruit 2022 and the online registration form to attend the conference available on the Prognosfruit website.
The registration form also includes the instructions to receive a discounted rate for your accommodation at the Hyatt Regency Belgrade (valid until July 3rd).
For more information:
Tel: + 32 2 777 15 80
+39 334 311 2571
Serbia Does Apples
Tel: +381 11 3116415