Sahyadri Farms is driving a Green Revolution in Nashik

Sahyadri Farms in Nashik, Maharashtra, represents one of the country's biggest agricultural success stories. Over 13,500 farmers work together at Sahyadri Farms to produce over 1,000 tons of fruits and vegetables per day. Sahyadri has grown to become the country's largest farmer-producer company (FPC) and a role model for others, as well as the country's top grape exporter. The FPC is expanding its retail base across the state and, through its e-commerce platform, is establishing a pan-India presence.

Vilas Shinde, the Founder & Chairman of Sahyadri Farms: "In 2011, Sahyadri began its journey as a farmer producer firm with only 101 farmers. Sahyadri Farms now has a total of 25 FPCs under its umbrella. I used what I had learned as an individual farmer and chose to bring together like-minded farmers to solve our difficulties as a unified unit."

Approximately 60% of Sahyadri Farms' fruits and vegetables are exported, with the remaining 40% sold in India.

Source: krishijagran.com


Publication date:



Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here


Other news in this sector:


Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber