Envy™ apples remain the best-selling premium apple brand (Nielsen, Total U.S., Apple Category, L 52 weeks ending November 06, 2021) in part due to the brand’s significant investment in driving sales with massive marketing campaigns that increase awareness and preference, motivate consumer trial and stimulate repeat purchase.
In Q4 2021, the apple’s promotions got a running start to the holiday season with renewed high-impact promotions. The brand is also engaging consumers in a nationwide omnichannel holiday campaign that recognizes this favorite premium apple variety as “The Ultimate Holiday Apple.”
Promotional initiatives for Envy include in-person retail sampling and experiential marketing.
- From October 22nd to December 26th Envy apples are being featured in conjunction with Hallmark Channel’s “Countdown to Christmas,” the network’s annual series of all-new original holiday films. Envy apples are being featured on Hallmark Channel’s broadcast, social and digital properties to inspire consumers to include the apple in holiday recipes, décor and more.
- Envy is a leading sponsor of Hallmark Channel’s Very Merry Giveaway. A cobranded TV commercial featuring Envy is expected to deliver 15 Million+ viewers.
- Envy is also promoted in key market areas via geotargeted YouTube pre-roll advertising, radio and billboards that drive shoppers to stores.
- PR activities promoting Envy holiday recipes have earned 325 million+ impressions to date.
- In-person retail sampling and experiential marketing add product trial to the mix this year with high-profile community events and holiday activities.
- Influencer engagement and television appearances include new seasonal recipes by The Produce Moms and a holiday entertaining tips by renowned dietitian Annessa Chumbley.
At retail, Envy apple 2-lb holiday pouch bags and digital/physical POP material promote the sponsorship with eye-catching graphics. On packs are a custom QR code that takes shoppers here where they can enter for daily prizes, access snack recipes or check where to find Envy in stores nearby.
"Envy apples are a consumer favorite all year round and with their quality, balanced sweetness, crunch and red color, the holidays are a natural time for them to stand in the spotlight,” said Cecilia Flores Paez, T&G Global head of marketing for North America. “Our highly visible, strategic campaigns reach shoppers where they are and when they are making purchase decisions. We are pleased to support holiday sales and drive shoppers to stores with Envy at the top of shopping lists.”
Envy is marketed by Oppy, CMI Orchards and Rainier Fruit Co.