Announcements

Job Offers

Specials more

Top 5 -yesterday

Top 5 -last week

Top 5 -last month

Deal struck for full takeover of one of UK's largest apple growers

An agreement has been made for the full takeover of one of the UK's largest apple growers. Bardsley England's operation covers 2,100 acres in Kent and includes 27 orchards growing apples, pears, cherries, plums and grapes. It also includes a large grading, packing and storage facility.

It grows nearly 18,000 tons of fruit a year and at peak season, employs 550 people. In August, agriculture giant Camellia acquired an 80 per cent stake in Bardsley for £15.7 mln. Now, the group has bought the remaining 20 per cent for £1.7 mln.

When the deal was originally announced, Camellia chief executive Tom Franks said: "We have been looking for some time to increase our focus on agriculture where we have deep skills, and to increase our operations in the UK. Bardsley helps with both. It is located close to our HQ in Kent, which is the premier region for apple growing in the country. We look forward to partnering with the Bardsley family in the future."

Source: insidermedia.com


Publication date:



Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here


Other news in this sector:


Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Instagram Rss

© FreshPlaza.com 2021

Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber