- Office (sales) manager China - Zhangjiagang
- Apple Production Manager - Freestate, South Africa
- Entomologist - Canada
- Head Grower - Hudson (OH) USA
- Product Developer - Italy
- Commercial Manager | Fresh Produce | Kenya
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe (Benelux - Germany)
- Technical sales specialists Florida, Virginia, North Caroline, South Carolina, Texas, - USA
- Business Development Manager Spain
- Director of Operations - Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Kenyan avocado season has mixed results depending on variety
- Walmart: $10bln surprise after buying Flipkart
- "Ceremony held for first shipment of cold-treatment-free cherries from Izmir, Turkey"
- "If you do not have IP amongst your offering you will quickly lose relevance in the market"
Top 5 -last month
Dark Sigatoka threatens banana cultivation in Colombia
Now, the first one has shown up and it's quite intense.
According to a note from the Agro-Livestock Insitute in Colombia (Instituto Colombiano Agropecuario - ICA) with the help of Inagru and Augura, started a health plan action in 23,000 hectares of banana harvested in Urabá.
It's about controlling the disease know as Dark Sigatoka, that grew as a consequence of the winter wave.
According to Carlos Alberto Soto, sub-manager of Vegetable Protection at ICA, this disease diminishes banana production and damages incomes of 6,458 small and medium producers that support themselves by growing bananas in this area of the country.
"A defective control of Sigatoka could risk the permanence of Colombia in the international markets as a good quality banana exporters", he added.
Actions are directed to protect the production in this area, where there are 38,000 harvested hectares.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-07-18 India: Kerala banana farmers form association
- 2019-07-18 Chinese banana imports grow following international free trade agreement
- 2019-07-18 Devastating banana disease may have reached Latin America
- 2019-07-17 Cameroon H1 2019 banana exports drop by 61% year-on-year
- 2019-07-16 First report of black Sigatoka on Reunion Island
- 2019-07-15 EU banana prices trending downward
- 2019-07-15 China: Increasing demand drives banana prices up slightly
- 2019-07-15 AU: Banana growers urge Queensland Government to reconsider regulation
- 2019-07-15 Colombia: Some banana crops in quarantine over fungus concerns
- 2019-07-12 Colombia: Black Sigatoka detected in two farms in La Guajira
- 2019-07-12 Kenya: 83-year-old arrested for disguising marijuana as bananas
- 2019-07-11 Chiquita shares ways in which it helps children and women
- 2019-07-11 Bananas: Sales were predominantly slow
- 2019-07-11 Banana imports into US Jan-May 2019 - down 2.4%
- 2019-07-11 Chinese banana price could rapidly rise this year
- 2019-07-10 Asprocan claims agreement with Mercosur will increase risk of banana oversupply
- 2019-07-10 China: July banana prices higher year on year
- 2019-07-10 It’s Fresh! signs agreement with Ecuadorian banana association
- 2019-07-09 Panamanian exports grow thanks to the banana
- 2019-07-08 Banana market unusually active in China