Announcements

Job Offers

Specials more

Top 5 -yesterday

Top 5 -last week

Top 5 -last month

Georgia exported more table grapes in September than in previous seven years combined

In September 2021, the Republic of Georgia exported more table grapes than in the previous seven years combined. Georgia has long-lasting traditions of growing grapes for winemaking, but it has not grown enough table grapes to satisfy its domestic consumption despite perfect climatic conditions. Consequently, Georgia usually imported table grapes from Turkey.

In total, 530 tons of table grapes have been exported in September 2021, with the export revenues reaching USD $403,000. There were only two destinations for Georgian exports.

Traditionally, Russia has been the main buyer, accounting for 98% of all table grapes exported. The remaining 2% went to Qatar. According to the foreign trade data, the average price per ton was USD $760 (FOB). Interestingly, Russian buyers paid USD $740 per ton, while the average price of grapes sent to Qatar reached an impressive USD $2,000 per ton.

Source: east-fruit.com


Publication date:



Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here


Other news in this sector:


Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Instagram Rss

© FreshPlaza.com 2021

Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber