Announcements

Job Offers

Specials more

Top 5 -yesterday

Top 5 -last week

Top 5 -last month

US all mushroom - value of sales at $1.06 billion

The volume of sales of the 2020-2021 United States mushroom crop totaled 758 million pounds, down 7 percent from last season.

Value of sales for the 2020-2021 United States mushroom crop was $1.06 Billion, down 8 percent from the previous season. The average reported price was $1.40 per pound, down 1 cent from the previous year.

Agaricus mushroom volume of sales totaled 737 million pounds, down 7 percent from the 2019-2020 season. Pennsylvania accounted for 64 percent of the total volume of sales and second-ranked California contributed 13 percent. The value of the Agaricus crop was estimated at $998 million dollars, down 8 percent from a year ago. Brown mushrooms, including Portabello and Crimini varieties, accounted for 193 million pounds, up 2 percent from last season.

Brown mushrooms accounted for 26 percent of the total Agaricus volume sold and 30 percent of the total Agaricus value. United States fresh market sales of Agaricus mushrooms totaled 671 million pounds, down 9 percent from the previous season, while processed sales, at 66.7 million pounds, increased 20 percent from the previous season. Growers reported United States fresh market production made up 91 percent of total sales volume, while processed production represented the remaining 9 percent. Grower total filling intentions for the 2021-2022 crop are 117 million square feet, down 11 percent from the total fillings in the 2020-2021 season.

Click here to read the full report.


Publication date:



Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here


Other news in this sector:


Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Instagram Rss

© FreshPlaza.com 2021

Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber