- Managing Director - Holland
- Farm Manager - Abu Dhabi
- Farm Manager greenhouse vegetable production – Vietnam
- COO Flower & Plant greenhouse production farm, Vietnam
- Sales Representative - Leamington (Ontario) Canada
- Assistant Production & Plant Health Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Head of International Farming
- Sr. Productinnovatie (R&D) Engineer
- Aftersales Coördinator
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Soon we will be able to sort 200,000 tons of onions with 5 people, instead of 80,000 tons with 30"
- Sales of red kiwi fruit faster than previous years
- Shortage of clementines in Europe raises concerns
- Wonderful Co. sues Fresno County over a rival’s project
- Hawke's Bay orchardist looks to sell hail-damaged fruit
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Kenny Molina, Grupo Agrolibano
Honduras: Central American low melon yields to impact on Europe
High temperatures during the day and low temperatures at night in addition to windy conditions are the main things that have impacted on productivity across Central America, explains Molina, who also confirms that yields across the region are around 20% less than forecast.
Because of the decreased volumes growers have available shortages are expected on the market in the coming weeks. This has already been seen in the US and the situation is expected to be replicated in Europe too.
"Our focus will be on fulfilling the fixed commitments we have across the markets we serve, then the volumes on the open market will be reduced in a minimal fashion and we foresee that other growers will do the same," added Molina.
For more Information please contact:
Keny Giancarlo Molina
Tel: (+504) 2781-2186, Ext. 231
Mob: (+504) 9512 - 1294.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-12-12 New Zealand RSE scheme transformed the fruit growing industry
- 2019-12-12 Iran will allow banana, mango, pineapple imports
- 2019-12-12 Airborne release of sterile fruit flies to disrupts Australian wild pest populations
- 2019-12-12 In 2019, Moldovan plum exports have increased by 12 thousand tons
- 2019-12-11 Evaluated storage conditions for Giombo persimmon
- 2019-12-10 Australia: Tons of hail-damaged Riverland fruit mulched
- 2019-12-04 Argentina: Blueberry season forecasts
- 2019-12-03 Grape production Peru forecast to reach 648,000 tons in 2019/2020
- 2019-12-03 Clemson University student studies disease to aid peach industry
- 2019-12-02 Freak weather hits Western Australian crops
- 2019-12-02 Brazil put in place visual quality standards for fruit and vegetables
- 2019-12-02 Unique Japanese fruit
- 2019-12-02 Fighting the fly that threatens Chile's fruit
- 2019-12-02 80% of Vietnamese dragon fruit is exported to China
- 2019-11-29 "After a difficult year in 2019, it's reassuring that fruit cooperatives expect an improvement in 2020."
- 2019-11-29 Australian fruit exporters fear trade loss because of Hong Kong protests
- 2019-11-29 Argentine fruit growers continue to struggle with production costs, difficult economic & financial environment
- 2019-11-29 Fruit production Romania is up 40% in last decade
- 2019-11-27 China will remain the largest buyer
- 2019-11-27 SCS425 Luiza, an apple cultivar for Brazilian market