- Managing Director - Holland
- Farm Manager - Abu Dhabi
- Farm Manager greenhouse vegetable production – Vietnam
- COO Flower & Plant greenhouse production farm, Vietnam
- Sales Representative - Leamington (Ontario) Canada
- Assistant Production & Plant Health Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Head of International Farming
- Sr. Productinnovatie (R&D) Engineer
- Aftersales Coördinator
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Soon we will be able to sort 200,000 tons of onions with 5 people, instead of 80,000 tons with 30"
- Sales of red kiwi fruit faster than previous years
- Shortage of clementines in Europe raises concerns
- Wonderful Co. sues Fresno County over a rival’s project
- Hawke's Bay orchardist looks to sell hail-damaged fruit
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: New York potato growers victory over golden nematode
"Our farmers truly deserve all the credit for this victory as they are the ones who adhered to rigid crop rotation schedules and conducted the necessary equipment sanitation practices," State Agricultural Commissioner Darrel Aubertine said.
He announced that 262,118 acres in Livingston County, 43,520 acres in Genesee County, and 729 acres in Steuben County meet all requirements for removal from GN regulation.
The pest free status is according to a set of rules drawn up in 2009, jointly between the US and Canada. In accordance with these most of the currently regulated areas of New york State can now be reclassified over the next few years.
"New York potato growers have been on the front lines, fighting and containing this pest for several decades," said Melanie Wickham, executive director of the Empire State Potato Growers Association. "Their hard work and dedication has protected the rest of the industry, and it is a positive reflection on New York growers to see these acres removed from state and federal quarantine."
New York is the 13th largest state in terms of potato production, with an annual crop value in the region of $65.3 million.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-12-12 Egyptian spring onion season going according to plan
- 2019-12-12 Prices higher on US domestic sweet potatoes
- 2019-12-12 Erik Mooij and Hans van Kemenade revive Dutch onion company, Jakova
- 2019-12-12 After Indian exports stop, Chinese onions take over Nepalese market
- 2019-12-12 Bulbi' Mix - garlic and shallot together for the first time
- 2019-12-12 "California's Latin American onion sales are good until end of this week"
- 2019-12-12 Ukraine still imports Russian potatoes, despite prices dropping locally
- 2019-12-11 A surge in imports for frozen potatoes
- 2019-12-11 Great onion price hike does not make India’s growers rich
- 2019-12-11 “Our three varieties Lady Anna, Celtiane and Gwennie are now labeled Demain la Terre”
- 2019-12-11 Government of Canada invests in new potato innovation hub
- 2019-12-11 “We want to double our production of sweet potatoes due to increased demand”
- 2019-12-10 "It would not surprise me if we break an export record"
- 2019-12-10 India to import more onions from Egypt this week
- 2019-12-10 “A balanced campaign for French potatoes”
- 2019-12-10 Indian farmers and traders warn of onion glut in two months
- 2019-12-10 Smaller volumes than previous season for Greek potatoes
- 2019-12-09 “Current potato prices are not linked to a good consumption level”
- 2019-12-09 PhilMech studying ways to reduce sweet potato harvest losses
- 2019-12-09 Canadian potato production in 2019 up by 2.4%