The West Flanders family business Jolie BVBA recently acquired two belt trailers from Van der Peet in Nieuwkoop. Jolie BVBA trades in potatoes; the company therefore uses the belt trailers to transport potatoes to potato-processing plants
In consultation with Jolie BVBA, Van der Peet specifically adapted the belt trailers to make them suitable for this purpose. The volume of both belt trailers is 51.5 m3, which is sufficient to accommodate a maximum of 35 tonnes of potatoes. The conveyor belt runs up to the front of the belt trailer; as a result, little or no product is left behind in the trailer after unloading.
The conveyor belt is driven by a drum motor. Thanks to the frequency regulator, the vulnerable potatoes do not become damaged during unloading. The frequency regulator has a factory position and a trailer position. At the factory position, the conveyor belt’s motor can be controlled externally. When the frequency regulator is set to the trailer position, the driver controls the conveyor belt’s speed. Furthermore, the belt trailers are equipped with:
· A stainless steel wear plate that covers part of the floor. As a result, the floor will last a lifetime!
· An automatic rolling tarp with a separate battery, making it possible to operate it standalone.
· Three axles with disc brakes and large air springs to ensure stable driving behaviour.
· Low-maintenance aluminium rims.
· Supporting legs with large baseplates, so that the belt trailer is solidly anchored on the field.
· Extra spotlights at the back of the belt trailer and near the supporting legs. These lights provide for a clear view when backing up.
· The Wabco OptiTurn setting for perfect driving behaviour at roundabouts.
As a final touch, the belt trailers are sprayed in a nice silver colour, which accentuates the beauty of these trailers! The family business Jolie BVBA is domiciled in Wijtschate, a village in the municipality of Heuvelland in West Flanders in Belgium. Potatoes are a common crop in West Flanders.
For more information:
Wietske van der Peet
Van der Peet
Tel: +31 (0) 172 579 318