Announcements

Job Offers



Specials more

Top 5 -yesterday

Top 5 -last week

Top 5 -last month



Most green coconuts from Thailand end up in the Chinese market

China imports green coconuts from Thailand because the green coconut needs a lot of sunshine and Thailand has high temperatures all year round. Thailand is a tropical country with minimal temperature differences, abundant sunshine, and a lack of snow. The climate in Thailand is extremely well suited to green coconut plantation.

Thailand has many green coconut varieties, but production is  concentrated in certain areas. Supply lasts throughout the year. Chinese consumers enjoy the green coconuts from Thailand for the fresh and fragrant coconut water. Compared to regular coconuts, the green coconut has a stronger, richer fragrance, and the coconut water is clear as water, sweet, but not greasy, and full of nutrients. Green coconut water is regarded as natural mineral water.

Green coconuts from Thailand

More than 80% of Thailand's green coconut production volume is destined for the Chinese market. The Thai production volume has shown steady growth in recent years as a result of Chinese market demand and the development of cross-border e-commerce. The current production volume is 10%-20% larger than last season. At the same time, the larger supply volume has brought down the price of green coconuts in the Chinese market. The current price is lower than last year.

Green coconuts from Thailand

"The most popular green coconut variety in the Chinese market is the Fragrant Water green coconut. The Chinese import season of this green coconut variety begins every year in March and continues until October. This is the preparation stage for another import and export season. Traders expect the prices to go up this season because of the rising shipping cost, shipping container shortage, customs inspections and RNA testing in ports." This is according to Mr. Jason of Star Coconut International Co., Ltd.

Green coconuts from Thailand

Star Coconut began preparations for the construction of coconut processing facilities in 2016. The company operates under the motto of "nature first, and from the heart". This pragmatic and sincere business policy forms the basis for their ecological supply chain. The processing facilities implement ecological selection and plantation techniques and maintain high standards for product quality in strict accordance with GMP, GAP, HACCP, and SGS. The processing facilities meet modernization requirements and processing management standards to make sure that consumers enjoy the highest quality of delicious, ecological fruit.

Green coconuts from Thailand

Star Coconut began operations in 2017. The company mainly sells fresh fruit such as Fragrant Water green coconuts, Coconut Emperor, and durian as well as frozen fruit such as frozen durian and frozen coconut. The company owns a processing facility in Thailand with two processing lines for coconuts and is also in the process of constructing a processing facility for durian.

Green coconut trees in Thailand

According to Mr. Jason, "our company rents the plantation and works closely together with the planters to manage the plantation according to the standards of our brand. We are currently upgrading our processing facility and have also expanded the area we rent from local planters. Star Coconut products are available in markets across the globe, but about 95% of our coconuts are destined for the Chinese market and the remaining 5% goes to the Middle east and Europe."

For more information:

Andrew Xu

Star Coconut International Co., Ltd.

Tel.: +86 177 0210 5860 

E-mail: Andrew_xu@foxmail.com 


Publication date:
©



Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here


Other news in this sector:


© FreshPlaza.com 2021

Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber