The Fresh Produce Association of the Americas (FPAA) announced that Andrea Ortega has joined the organization as a communications coordinator.
Ortega, a local native to the area, graduated from the University of Arizona and has a strong background in marketing, communications, event coordination, import/export knowledge and project management from her work in various organizations. These include the Tucson Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Peace of Mind Events, Grupo GOCM, Tubac Golf Resort & Spa and the Tubac Chamber of Commerce where she completed one of her last roles as executive director.
Ortega is also involved with various organizations including Arizona Industry Fellows (part of the Arizona Chamber of Commerce) and the Greater Green Valley Community Foundation where she sits as an economic development advisor.
“We are excited to have an enthusiastic believer in economic development on board,” said FPAA President Lance Jungmeyer. “We have a story to tell with $100 million in infrastructure improvements coming to Nogales and a cold inspection room that will expand the breadth of items handled in Nogales. This, of course, means jobs.”
The new communications coordinator position allows FPAA to expand on:
- Creating more efficient communication between the organization, members and the community
- Assisting in coordination of events, workshops and educational series
- Providing web site updates with the most recent information available
- Supporting FPAA staff in advocacy efforts
- Social media presence and engagement across many platforms
- Developing new marketing plans