Job Offers

Specials more

Top 5 -yesterday

Top 5 -last week

Top 5 -last month

Peruvian fruit exports grow by 11% between January and August

Peruvian fruit exports between January and August 2020 exceeded 2.2 billion FOB dollars, i.e. 11% more than in the same period of 2019, according to the Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation (Minagri). In this period, fruits accounted for 55% of non-traditional agro-exports.

Total agro-exports during the first eight months of the year amounted to 4.336 billion dollars. The month of August stood out as exports increased by 14% compared to the same month of the previous year, totaling 691 million FOB dollars. This growth was driven by fruit shipments, especially of blueberries and fresh avocados.

Traditional agro-exports accounted for 14% of the exports made in August 2020, and non-traditional exports for the remaining 86%. In August, non-traditional agricultural exports totaled 594 million dollars, i.e. 16% more than in the same month of 2019.

The main non-traditional agro-export products this month included fresh blueberries (with a 19% share), fresh avocados (17%), citrus (10%), fresh asparagus (7.3%), other fruits and other uncooked fruits (2.4%), bananas including fresh Cavendish Valery type bananas (2.1%), fresh onions, and shallots (1.7%).

Of these, the products that registered positive growth in that month were fresh blueberries, which reached 111 million dollars (+ 44%), fresh avocados with 103 million dollars (+ 40%), citrus fruits with 62 million (+ 62%), other fruits and other uncooked fruits with 14 million (+ 49%), bananas including fresh Cavendish Valery type bananas with 12 million (+ 23%) and fresh onions and shallots with 10 million dollars (+ 29%), among others.

During August, Peruvian agro-exports reached 104 countries. The top 10 destinations were the United States, the Netherlands, Spain, the United Kingdom, China, Germany, Chile, Ecuador, Colombia, and Belgium, which together accounted for 80% of the FOB value exported in the month of August.



Publication date:

Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here

Other news in this sector:

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Instagram Rss

© 2021

Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber