Peruvian citrus exports increase by 40%

Peruvian citrus exports have experienced a considerable increase in 2020 when compared to the previous season. Until week 33, Peru had exported 40% more citrus than in the same period of 2019, reaching 198,996 tons.

This was reported by the Commercial and Operations Manager of QC Fresh Fruit LLC, Luisa Fernanda Saavedra, who published in Linkedln an infographic created by Fresh Cargo Peru regarding the current state of the Peruvian citrus industry.

According to the document, the main citrus fruit varieties exported by Peru between the beginning of 2020 and mid-August were: W. Murcott mandarin with 61,920 tons (+ 57%), Satsuma mandarin 35,672 tons (+ 32%), Tango mandarin 29,042 tons (+ 76%), Minneola and/or Orlando 15,890 tons (-2%), and Valencia orange 10,656 tons (+ 65%), among others.

The main destination of the Peruvian citrus fruits in this period was North America, with 107,047 tons (+ 61%). This market accounted for 54% of the total exported. It was followed by Europe with shipments of 70,251 tons (+ 24%) and 35% of the total; Asia with shipments of 13,334 tons (+ 12%) and 7% of the total; Latin America with 7,654 tons (+ 19%) and a 4% share; and Africa with 710 tons (+ 10%) and a 1% share.

The main citrus exporter in Peru is the Consorcio de Productores de Frutas (CPF), which shipped 49,016 tons (+ 36%) from the start of the year until week 33. The main Peruvian citrus importer in this period was Pacific Produce (United Kingdom) with 11,585 tons (+ 14%).

 

Source: agraria.pe 


Publication date:



Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here


Other news in this sector:


© FreshPlaza.com 2020

Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber