Announcements

Job Offers





Specials more

Top 5 -yesterday

Top 5 -last week

Top 5 -last month

Hebei successfully hosted the first Chinese convention for online pear traders

The overall surface area devoted to pear plantation in Hebei is around 120 thousand hectares. The annual production volume is around 3.63 billion tons. The Hebei pear industry is worth 15.78 billion yuan [2.31 billion USD]. There are more than 800 large companies in the Hebei pear industry. Together they own more than 5 thousand refrigerated warehouses with a total storage capacity of 1.7 million tons. In order to showcase the strengths of the Hebei pear industry, Hebei hosted a convention for online pear traders in Wei county, Xingtai city, on September 5-6. This convention focused on quality improvement and the overall transformation of the Hebei pear industry.

Hebei hosted the first Chinese convention for online pear traders

Hebei hosted the first Chinese convention for online pear traders

"Around 10% of the pears from Hebei are destined for export, and the remaining 90% is sold on the domestic market. We expect the percentage of export to grow. This convention is a meeting place for pear farmers and online traders. The convention is a unique occasion for these two groups to connect and support each other. E-commerce continues to expand and local governments support these developments. Under these circumstances, the sales of Hebei pears are likely to shift from traditional retail channels to online platforms." This is according to Mr. Gavin Bian of Hebei Tianbo Commerce Co., Ltd.

Prize-winning pears

This convention was organised by the Xingtai Municipal Department of Agriculture and the People's Government of Wei County, and hosted by the Hebei Provincial Department for Agriculture and the People's Government of Xingtai City. The theme of this convention was "pear traders come, Hebei pears are everywhere". The convention combined online and face-to-face methods to set up platforms where production and marketing connect.

Hebei hosted the first Chinese convention for online pear traders

"The convention included a variety of activities such as a pear show with judges, an award show for pears, etc. Winners include the Yellow Crown pear, Ya pear, Snowflake pear, Autumn Moon pear, and Fresh Pear No. 7. In addition, more than 400 representatives from the fresh produce departments in Alibaba Group, Yonghui Supermarkets, Hema Fresh, and Pagoda all joined the convention."

For more information:

Mr. Gavin Bian

Hebei Tianbo Commerce Co., Ltd.

Website: www.tianbofruit.com.cn 

Tel.: +86 135 8219 8678 

E-mail: gavinbian@tianbofruit.com.cn 


Publication date:
©



Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here


Other news in this sector:


© FreshPlaza.com 2020

Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber