- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: Fruit and veg aids healthy eyesight
The research was carried out by Louise Katz from the Columbia State University and involved the polling of over 400 students at the institution to discuss their eating habits and needs for visual correction.
The results revealed that 60 per cent of young people had myopia or the early stages of near-sightedness, with many using contact lenses or glasses to correct the problem.
However, this was much lower in students who regularly ate fresh produce, suggesting that a healthy lifestyle can benefit eyesight.
Professor Katz said that more work is need to prove the initial results of the study, which is published in the Journal of Behavioural Optometry, but the primary evidence is promising as a means of averting vision problems.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-18 Southern Italy: Intensive apple farming
- 2018-12-18 Fyffes subsidiary decertified due to labor rights violations in Honduras
- 2018-12-18 Argentina: Five keys to understanding the 2019 fruit season
- 2018-12-17 International Atomic Energy Agency helps protect Ecuador’s valuable fruits
- 2018-12-17 Chile: Starting peak shipments of blueberries
- 2018-12-17 Argentina: Majority of blueberry export for US market
- 2018-12-14 China: Price "explosion" for cherries
- 2018-12-13 "We are very much focused on the online trade in convenience products"
- 2018-12-12 Rwanda: NAEB starts fruit project to shore up exports
- 2018-12-12 Italy: Cocktail Plum, a very successful tomato
- 2018-12-12 Congo: Kiwi for 14 euros/kg
- 2018-12-11 Poland: Official study on changes taking place in apple growing sector
- 2018-12-11 High demand for European apples in China
- 2018-12-11 South African fruit industry expansion shows faith in the future
- 2018-12-07 Italy: Successful partnership between Apofruit Italia and Società Frutticoltori Trento
- 2018-12-06 "Limited impact of hail on Chilean berry season"
- 2018-12-04 “We invested in new varieties and IQ optical sourcing lines”
- 2018-12-03 Chile: “We expect good volumes for Chilean cherry export”
- 2018-12-03 South Africa: Electricity cuts a great irritation to fruit industry
- 2018-11-29 What kinds of fruit do Taiwanese customers like to eat?