- Crop Advisor
- Laboratory Project Manager - Almeria, Spain
- Junior buyer/ seller - Alicante, Spain
- Office and Sales Administrator - Alkmaar - Schagen, Nederland
- Greenhouse Plug Propagator - Dunnville (Ontario) Canada
- Head Grower new Tomato farm, Iowa USA
- Sales Manager
- Senior Grower Tomato, NSW Australia
- Grower Managers (5ha or 10ha) - Australia
- Rose Grower
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: Fruit and veg aids healthy eyesight
The research was carried out by Louise Katz from the Columbia State University and involved the polling of over 400 students at the institution to discuss their eating habits and needs for visual correction.
The results revealed that 60 per cent of young people had myopia or the early stages of near-sightedness, with many using contact lenses or glasses to correct the problem.
However, this was much lower in students who regularly ate fresh produce, suggesting that a healthy lifestyle can benefit eyesight.
Professor Katz said that more work is need to prove the initial results of the study, which is published in the Journal of Behavioural Optometry, but the primary evidence is promising as a means of averting vision problems.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-11-18 Latest list of countries with permission to export fresh fruit to China (2019-11-13)
- 2019-11-15 Chinese chef’s fruit carvings go viral
- 2019-11-14 "Apple production area in New Zealand is continuing to expand"
- 2019-11-13 Coca Cola to complete $1.7 bn investment in India’s ‘Fruit Circular Economy’
- 2019-11-13 Fruit Growers Victoria calls for water reform overhaul
- 2019-11-12 Afghan farmers see high fruit yield, but profits remain low
- 2019-11-12 South Korea - Area for new fruit trees decreasing drastically year on year
- 2019-11-11 South African fruit production forecast to fully rebound from drought
- 2019-11-08 Promising season ahead for Washington’s Envy™ crop
- 2019-11-08 Bangladesh fruit production is booming
- 2019-11-08 Minimizing post-harvest food losses
- 2019-11-08 Colombian market opens to Polish apples
- 2019-11-08 Ukrainian fruit and berry exports up by 10% in first nine months of 2019
- 2019-11-08 "The Rojo Brillante persimmon is ideal for organic production"
- 2019-11-08 Mexican apple production expected to recover from last year's weather damage
- 2019-11-07 Forecast: Decline in Canadian apple production as a result of adverse weather
- 2019-11-06 Antifungal effect of starch–gellan edible coatings with thyme essential oil
- 2019-11-06 Peruvian grape, blueberry and mango exports all set to increase
- 2019-11-06 Europe's apple slump is an opportunity for US growers
- 2019-11-05 China's fruit import market shows great potential