- Head Grower/Director of Growing - Crawfordville (FL) USA
- Project Manager Assistant - USA
- Flower sales Export Manager - Nairobi, Kenya
- Apple Quality Manager - Wolcott (NY) USA
- General Manager - Wolcott (NY) USA
- Technical Services Supervisor - Hamburg, Germany
- Cultivation Control Systems Manager - Colorado, USA
- Sales Manager based in The Netherlands, Belgium or Germany
- Category Manager (Mangoes, Melons & Pines) - Sydney or Brisbane, Australia
- General Manager - Commercial | Murcia, Spain | Fruit
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: Fruit and veg aids healthy eyesight
The research was carried out by Louise Katz from the Columbia State University and involved the polling of over 400 students at the institution to discuss their eating habits and needs for visual correction.
The results revealed that 60 per cent of young people had myopia or the early stages of near-sightedness, with many using contact lenses or glasses to correct the problem.
However, this was much lower in students who regularly ate fresh produce, suggesting that a healthy lifestyle can benefit eyesight.
Professor Katz said that more work is need to prove the initial results of the study, which is published in the Journal of Behavioural Optometry, but the primary evidence is promising as a means of averting vision problems.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-07-02 Turkey increased fresh fruit exports via air freight during pandemic
- 2020-07-02 "Flavor’s becoming essential"
- 2020-07-02 Fruit picking among the most popular UK job searches during lockdown
- 2020-07-02 "Chinese consumers continue to trust imported fruit"
- 2020-07-01 Dole signs deal with Shanghai Disney
- 2020-07-01 Sri Lanka increases import taxes on more fresh and dried fruits
- 2020-06-30 Brands Fresh revenues have dropped
- 2020-06-29 Could fruit picking be an answer for Australia’s young people?
- 2020-06-26 A richer summer catalogue features red and yellow Fioroni figs and plums
- 2020-06-25 Investor to build fruit warehouse in Baranovichi, Belarus
- 2020-06-25 New Zealand: Hawke's Bay's fruit season has highs and lows
- 2020-06-23 "We think there is great potential for fresh Iranian fruit within German wholesale"
- 2020-06-22 Wild genotypes of Actinidia could be used for resistance to Psa
- 2020-06-22 Australian growers call for countrymen to 'get off the couch' or risk fruit shortages
- 2020-06-22 "China has changed - the consumer is going to be much more demanding"
- 2020-06-17 Mexico is keeping laborers at home as virus number rise in Canada
- 2020-06-17 Polish cherries are 18% more expensive than last year
- 2020-06-17 Ukrainian raspberries hit the market at higher prices than last year
- 2020-06-16 Cambodia wants to up food exports to China
- 2020-06-15 "Luckily, imported New Zealand apples are only in few European hands"