Citrus Australia CEO Nathan Hancock has urged NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian to consult with industry and cancel the ban on workers currently costing growers $1.7 million a day.
Mr Hancock said the Premier had repeated incorrect information at recent media conferences and is concerned her misunderstanding of the dire situation may be preventing a solution.
“Citrus Australia has been working with NSW DPI to find a solution to this problem but ultimately the final decision must be made by NSW Health,” Mr Hancock said.
“We are concerned that the Premier has made incorrect statements on two occasions and can only hope that NSW Health is aware of the current status, and if so, enlighten the Premier.”
At media conferences last week and again on Monday, the Premier said restrictions for seasonal workers have been in place since the pandemic began “so that’s no different now”.
For the full article on Citrus Australia, please click here.