Edible® announced a record-breaking performance across the organization for the first six months of 2020. Over the course of the first half of this year, Edible sales were up 18% in total, with U.S. company sales since April 1 up 70% as the brand continues picking up steam.
Edible Brands President and COO Cheikh Mboup credits the impressive results to the company's commitment to being a trusted and comforting brand in times of need, as conveyed by the brand's evolution to meet changing business demands of a loyal worldwide customer base at the height of the COVID-19 crisis.
"Across all industries, this year has presented its fair share of obstacles due to the coronavirus," Mboup acknowledged. "As the crisis began to unfold, we focused on doing what we could as a QSR to support society as a whole. We pivoted our business in many ways so we could serve communities, families and friends in ways like never before in our 20-plus years, and we are grateful those efforts paid off."
Highlights of achievements across the Edible network from January – June of 2020 included:
- the launch of whole fruit and produce boxes, free delivery and curbside pickup initiatives to serve customers at-large during the pandemic;
- best April sales in company history, up 38% YOY;
- best single sales month in company history in May, up 45% YOY;
- an all-time high Mother's Day with more than 700,000 orders fulfilled;
- best June sales in company history, up 55% YOY;
- the launch of the Manage-to-Own Program that will award existing Edible stores to select candidates who otherwise could not afford to open a franchise.
"Our collective accomplishments so far this year directly reflect the hard work and dedication of our franchise partners, the dependability of our vendors and a support team at headquarters that embraced every challenge to move our organization forward," Mboup added. "For the remainder of 2020 and beyond, we will continue to champion the perseverance of small business, customer service and community support at every opportunity."
Edible forecasts more franchise expansion in 2020 through traditional channels as well as through the Manage-to-Own program as sales continue to shine and demand for more stores grows.
For more information: