Job Offers

Specials more

Top 5 -yesterday

Top 5 -last week

Top 5 -last month


Increase of cucumber production in Baja California

Cucumber cultivation is gaining ground in the agricultural fields of the Baja California coastal area. According to Juan Manuel Martínez Núñez, in charge of the office of the Secretariat of Agriculture and Rural Development in the State, a total of 24,500 tons was obtained in 2019, which generated 245 million pesos. 90% of the acreage was planted with the Persian variety, while the remaining 10% was sown with the Slice variety, which unlike the Persian, it is much larger and with a smoother appearance.

The main cucumber producing areas in the State are San Quintín, Ojos Negros, Maneadero and the Valle de la Trinidad, where offer 115,000 working days. Employment is offered to the population of rural Ensenada and to workers from other states of the Mexican Republic.

Martínez Núñez says that 80% of the production is intended for international markets, specifically, the United States. The rest of the production is marketed in some states of the Mexican Republic, with Mexico City, Jalisco and Nuevo León standing out.



Publication date:

Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here

Other news in this sector:

© 2020

Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber