- Managing Director - Holland
- Farm Manager - Abu Dhabi
- Farm Manager greenhouse vegetable production – Vietnam
- COO Flower & Plant greenhouse production farm, Vietnam
- Sales Representative - Leamington (Ontario) Canada
- Assistant Production & Plant Health Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Head of International Farming
- Sr. Productinnovatie (R&D) Engineer
- Aftersales Coördinator
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Soon we will be able to sort 200,000 tons of onions with 5 people, instead of 80,000 tons with 30"
- Wonderful Co. sues Fresno County over a rival’s project
- Sales of red kiwi fruit faster than previous years
- Shortage of clementines in Europe raises concerns
- Hawke's Bay orchardist looks to sell hail-damaged fruit
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
AU: Understanding key to treating avocado root rot
Studies have already established the best practice in regards to treatment for the variety Hass, but the Shepard variety has a different life cycle and therefore, usage of fungicide needs to be tailored.
The Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation has initiated a study in conjunction with funding from the Atherton Tablelands Avocado Growers Association and Horticulture Australia into the best uses for this variety.
Shepard avocados comprise 18 per cent of the total Australian avocado crop with 45 per cent of Australia´s Shepard avocados grown on the Atherton Tablelands, and worth about $15 million dollars to the local economy at the farm gate.
A field day to outline the aims of the project for Atherton Tablelands producers will be held on Friday 3 February at 3pm at The Bees Knees orchard, Jennings Rd, Mareeba
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-12-11 The decline in the price of Spanish kakis: bubble or strategy?
- 2019-12-11 Ghanaian advocacy improve pineapple yields Ekumfi
- 2019-12-10 Chilean Hass exports into the EU dominate Latin American shipments
- 2019-12-10 Mexico remains world's largest avocado exporter
- 2019-12-10 What's the difference between a kaki and a Persimmon?
- 2019-12-10 Vietnam: Off-season dragon fruit fetches high prices
- 2019-12-10 Namibia: Mango ban outrages Zambezi fruit traders
- 2019-12-10 New Zealand: Northland iwi starts planting avocado orchard
- 2019-12-09 Avocado industry Western Australia is experiencing significant growth
- 2019-12-09 Mexico, the new destination for Peruvian mango
- 2019-12-09 Intercropping of mangoes catching on in Andhra Pradesh
- 2019-12-09 Kenya: Murang'a county to protect avocado growers
- 2019-12-09 Australian project will explore alternative avocado pollinators
- 2019-12-09 Study on consumer attitudes towards new mango varieties
- 2019-12-06 Supplies of Caribbean Red Papaya up
- 2019-12-06 Rouses Markets attempts ‘world’s largest avocado display’
- 2019-12-06 "The Avo Effect" phenomenon catalogued in video series
- 2019-12-06 “The violence is inherent to the regions, not to the avocados”
- 2019-12-06 China targeted by Cambodian mango exporters
- 2019-12-05 This year's Alphonso mangoes came from Malawi