François Rotteleur, GG:

“The Rainier cherry is the main interest on the cherry market at the moment”

Located at the heart of the Ventoux National Park, GG Sarl is a family business specialized in the production and marketing of local products, such as apricots, grapes, plums and cherries. The company is currently in the middle of the cherry campaign. According to François Rotteleur, sales representative at GG, the two-toned Rainier cherry is the main variety for which the market is rather positive at the moment, even if the red cherry market seems to be doing well again since June 15th.

“The red cherry market had collapsed completely, with very low prices, but the Rainier variety, which is a little more pricey, was the only interest on the market. Although less sweet than the red cherry, consumers like it very much. They are always ready to pay a little more for this product.”

François adds that some regions seem to consume it more than others. “The Rainier is especially popular in the west of France, in Paris, on the French Riviera, in the Netherlands, Great-Britain and Belgium.”

The small calibers are packed into trays and the larger calibers are sold in bulk (5kg) or in “luxurious” compartments (4kg). A wide choice with sizes going from 22+ to 32+.

Some of the fruit and vegetables at GG are produced by the company itself, which also sells products from other producers. 80% are marketed on the domestic market and the remaining 20% are sold elsewhere in Europe. The clients of GG are mostly retailers, wholesalers and importers.

GG in numbers
GG was founded by the Gagne family in 1979. Located in high altitude among orchards, the station gradually expanded to reach 4,200 m² in 2015. The cold storage capacity now reaches 700 m² and the packing facilities cover a surface of 3,500 m². In high season, the company hires about 100 people who, since this year, work in a fully refrigerated area.

GG is equipped with apricot calibrators, a flow-pack machine, a packing rail specifically for bedded apricots, as well as tray and bulk manufacturing lines. For the cherries, GG is equipped with the newest generation optical calibrator installed in 2019.

The production potential of these main products is 3,500 tons for apricots, 2,100 tons for grapes, 900 tons for cherries and 45 tons for plums. Other products offered by the company are the asparagus, squash, Nashi pears, radish, almonds, strawberries and lamb’s lettuce.

For more information:
François Rotteleur
GG SARL
Phone: +33 (0)4.90.65.13.15
Fax: +33 (0)4 90 65 19 80
commercial@g-g.fr 


Publication date:
©



Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here


Other news in this sector:


© FreshPlaza.com 2020

Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber