The exports of pears maxed out at 100,373 cartons being sent to the Middle East, with the numbers for Europe, The Far East & Asia, the UK and the US & Canada standing at 73,662, 48,326, 15,096 and 15,493 cartons respectively.
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- ‘Mango in a Lambo’ service is back in Dubai
- Blueberries and gold: power couple shows way forward for African mining
- Global commodity update on citrus, apples, cherries, and grapes
- Nature’s Pride and Apeel expand product range with Apeel mangoes
- Plenty of Mexican mangoes though sizing is predominantly small
Top 5 -last month
- The man connecting Zimbabwe's resurgent horticulturalists with the export market
- South African blueberries: “We've seen firsthand we do much better when we do it ourselves”
- Asia Fruit Logistica rescheduled to 2022
- "For fruit to be on the water for 51 days and still be sold as a premium product is unheard of"
- The world’s first avocado packing robot
Total volume of South African apples exported to other African nations at 29,059 cartons in week 18
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-09-01 North and south China compete to supply the fresh pear market
- 2020-08-28 Poland is still big on apples
- 2020-08-28 Prices of Chinese Akizuki pears higher than last year
- 2020-08-28 "Focus this year on expanding sales of Xenia pears in Southern Europe"
- 2020-08-27 Chile to follow new rules for export of apples to Brazil
- 2020-08-27 Demand for SugarBee-brand cider previews strong apple season ahead
- 2020-08-27 Michigan apple growers expect to harvest 22.5 million bushels in 2020
- 2020-08-27 Elstar remains the absolute and undisputed No. 1
- 2020-08-27 Ireland: One third of 2020 apple crop lost in recent storms
- 2020-08-27 Wisconsin apple growers prepare for busy season under COVID-19
- 2020-08-26 The harvesting of Abate pears has started
- 2020-08-26 “This year, we will start exporting our organic apples and pears”
- 2020-08-26 "By 1st week of September we'll have promotable volumes on Green Bartletts, Red Bartletts, and Starkrimson"
- 2020-08-26 Anniversary edition: the Eco-responsible Orchards celebrate 10 years!
- 2020-08-25 Prices of Qiuyue pears in China skyrocketing
- 2020-08-25 China still has large apple reserves and trade is slow
- 2020-08-25 US: Michigan apple harvest to start next week
- 2020-08-25 Diseases and low quotations affect pear producers
- 2020-08-24 “The coming season promises a clear apple and pear market”
- 2020-08-24 Following a turbulent year, the apple industry looks to rebound