- Farm Manager greenhouse vegetable production – Vietnam
- COO Flower & Plant greenhouse production farm, Vietnam
- Sales Representative - Leamington (Ontario) Canada
- Assistant Production & Plant Health Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Head of International Farming
- Sr. Productinnovatie (R&D) Engineer
- Aftersales Coördinator
- Maintenance Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- San Bernardino County, California, quarantined due to HLB detection in single citrus tree
- Package with avocados in different ripening stages launched
- Largest single-build greenhouse in North America nears completion
- “The violence is inherent to the regions, not to the avocados”
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL GINGER MARKET
AU: Quarantine zone to protect against fruit fly outbreak
Biosecurity SA said a fruit fly outbreak was declared at Ethel ton with a 1.5km quarantine zone established around the offending property.
Spokesman Geoff Raven stressed the importance of no one within the zone removing fresh fruit, fruiting vegetables or garden waste from their properties, or composted fruit and vegetables during the eradication program.
Mr Raven said a baiting program would be conducted in the quarantine zone until no further wild fruit flies were detected.
Inspectors would check on individual properties.
"This a timely reminder for people not to travel into South Australia with fruit and vegetables," he said. "If fruit fly becomes established in South Australia, this could jeopardize markets for our $480 million fresh fruit and vegetable industry."
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-12-04 Argentina: Blueberry season forecasts
- 2019-12-03 Clemson University student studies disease to aid peach industry
- 2019-12-03 Grape production Peru forecast to reach 648,000 tons in 2019/2020
- 2019-12-02 Freak weather hits Western Australian crops
- 2019-12-02 Unique Japanese fruit
- 2019-12-02 80% of Vietnamese dragon fruit is exported to China
- 2019-12-02 Brazil put in place visual quality standards for fruit and vegetables
- 2019-12-02 Fighting the fly that threatens Chile's fruit
- 2019-11-29 Fruit production Romania is up 40% in last decade
- 2019-11-29 "After a difficult year in 2019, it's reassuring that fruit cooperatives expect an improvement in 2020."
- 2019-11-29 Australian fruit exporters fear trade loss because of Hong Kong protests
- 2019-11-29 Argentine fruit growers continue to struggle with production costs, difficult economic & financial environment
- 2019-11-27 China will remain the largest buyer
- 2019-11-27 SCS425 Luiza, an apple cultivar for Brazilian market
- 2019-11-26 China promotes export of fruit from Hunan
- 2019-11-26 Clove essential oil loaded chitosan nanoparticles preserve the shelf life of pomegranate arils
- 2019-11-25 Chile’s fresh apple, table grape and pear supplies to drop over 2019/2020
- 2019-11-25 Plea to help reduce strawberry farm costs
- 2019-11-22 Imported fruit to see boost in sales
- 2019-11-21 Peaches in summer, persimmons in winter