- Rose Grower
- Farm Manager Tomato Greenhouse Nursery, Tunisia
- General Manager - Farming / QLD, Australia
- Sales Manager
- Want to grow your business?
- Gartenbaumeister (Deutschland) - Niederrhein
- Group Chief Operating Officer
- Allround Medewerker Bedrijfsbureau - Est, Nederland
- General Manager Fresh Produce Manufacturing - Tasmania (Australia)
- Head Grower - Mason City (Iowa) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "We are the first organic citrus company to pack 100% without plastic"
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Biggest problem facing avocado sector in coming years will be supply, not demand
- Trellising in avocado orchards is “pushing the boundaries of production"
- The avocado industry has been going through a "golden era"
US (TX): Immigration laws impact more widespread
70 employees have been put on redundancy notice, though they will be given preferential treatment for roles available in the packaging plant. The company says that its reasons relate to a high turnover of staff and bureaucratic wrangling with Texan authorities.
Yesterday Fresh Plaza reported on the impact of new immigration laws to agriculture in Georgia and Alabama - this story indicates that the effects are also being felt in Texas. Tanimura and Antle experience an 80% employee turnover rate in the Rio Grande Valley, where they have requested - and been turned down- the right to employ migrant workers.
The report on employee turnover corresponds to what growers have been saying in Georgia and Alabama - that domestic workers are not interested in this kind of work, or in the level of salary it offers.
The 80% turnover rate contrasts significantly with harvesting operations carried out by the company in Arizona with migrant workers, where the rate was less than 2%.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-10-18 Calmich Produce in attendance at Fresh Summit 2019
- 2019-10-18 Primeur's Fruit Attraction exhibition edition
- 2019-10-18 Farm Pak celebrates 'golden' anniversary
- 2019-10-18 Western Growers Board selects Dave Puglia as next president and CEO
- 2019-10-18 “The organic, no-residue trend and the lack of solutions have increased the demand for our products”
- 2019-10-18 Bremen's wholesale market focuses on convenience and comprehensive service
- 2019-10-18 IMG Citrus celebrates 40th anniversary in Florida citrus industry
- 2019-10-18 Organto announces record third quarter revenues
- 2019-10-18 Lamb Weston forms new joint venture in Argentina to serve South American market
- 2019-10-17 Team additions enhance account service capabilities at Moxxy Marketing
- 2019-10-17 New partnership hopes to inspire recycling
- 2019-10-17 RFG promotes Raina Nelson and hires Mark Lodge for Executive VP roles
- 2019-10-17 “We still have a 6-month leeway with Brexit”
- 2019-10-16 Driscoll’s joins Ceres-WWF AgWater Challenge
- 2019-10-16 Duda Farm Fresh Foods announces Oxnard facility expansion
- 2019-10-16 Sarnia Produce expanding to meet healthy eating demand
- 2019-10-16 McCain Foods USA celebrates official start of major expansion in Othello, Washington
- 2019-10-16 Alibaba Chairman Daniel Zhang focuses on his successes
- 2019-10-16 Sofruce-Maria partners with the Moroccan association GIE Ajida
- 2019-10-16 Dynasty Farms joins iTradeNetwork food blockchain