- COO Flower & Plant greenhouse production farm, Vietnam
- Sales Representative - Leamington (Ontario) Canada
- Assistant Production & Plant Health Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Head of International Farming
- Sr. Productinnovatie (R&D) Engineer
- Aftersales Coördinator
- Maintenance Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Labor Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
- Indian grape season will start with lower volumes
- Global apple production from 1961 to 2017
- "The rains have forced us to stop the harvest and delay the loading"
- “We deactivate Gram negative bacteria such as E.coli”
- Introducing new slashing equipment on banana plantation has proved to be a real time-saver
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Crisis in St Lucia over Black Sigatoka
The minister said the country’s response requires support from the highest level and from all St Lucians, to avoid total disaster. "A proactive and multifaceted approach is being taken to prevent widespread destruction of the sector, including a review of a short-term plan of action." Fungicides would also be provided to banana producers to spray plantations, he stated.
“In addition the Ministry has prepared a proposal, which details an action plan and suggests that a Task Force may be necessary to deal with the problem of Black Sigatoka. This proposal will go to my Cabinet colleagues for their consideration this week. It will also encompass all banana and plantain farmers and there will also be a very serious and sustained education component to this plan.”
Black Sigatoka is a leaf spot disease caused by ascomycete fungus Mycosphaerella fijiensis (Morelet). The first symptoms are narrow, rusty, reddish-brown streaks on the underside of leaves.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-01-30 "Banana retail prices are too low"
- 2019-01-29 France: record banana consumption
- 2019-01-28 Sustainable Banana Plan: a successful model in Guadeloupe and Martinique
- 2019-01-25 Ecuador: Banana exports exceeded expectations in 2018
- 2019-01-24 Mexico contributes 2.2% of the world banana volume
- 2019-01-23 A truly a-peeling museum for banana lovers
- 2019-01-22 US company to showcase new ethylene generator at Fruit Logistica
- 2019-01-21 Chiquita partners with The Lego Movie 2
- 2019-01-18 "Thanks to the Christmas season, we have a good buffer"
- 2019-01-17 "This female-run company has achieved great things working with small producers"
- 2019-01-16 Demand to pick back up on cooking bananas?
- 2019-01-15 Price reduction in retail increases drug smuggling in bananas
- 2019-01-14 Banana import figures EU-28 in 2018
- 2019-01-11 US distributors not yet feeling effects of banana production dip
- 2019-01-10 Chiquita sponsors Disney marathon and will recycle banana peels
- 2019-01-09 Icelanders operate northernmost banana plantation in the world
- 2019-01-08 Mexico: Bananas see their usual slump in supplies
- 2019-01-07 Flexibility and energy efficiency main trends for banana ripening
- 2019-01-04 Thailand and the Philippines compete for the Chinese market
- 2019-01-03 Ecuador: Bill to regulate production and commercialization of bananas is ready