Peru

Complejo Agroindustrial Beta plans to export 2,400 tons of pomegranates this year

Peruvian agricultural exporter Complejo Agroindustrial Beta plans to export 2,400 tons of pomegranates in this year's campaign; a volume similar to what it dispatched in the 2019 campaign. Lionel Arce Orbegozo, the general manager of the company, stated that 80% of shipments would be sent to Europe and the remaining 20% to the Middle East.

Complejo Agroindustrial Beta has 60 hectares devoted to producing pomegranates, mainly of the Wonderful variety, in the department of Ica.

According to Lionel Arce, the company's current goal is to strengthen its presence in the consolidated markets and, for the moment, they don't have any plans to increase the area devoted to pomegranates.

For now, the company isn't developing the US market because the fruit needs to undergo an irradiation treatment there, which is expensive, if we wish to enter that market, Arce said.

 

Source: agraria.pe 


Publication date:



Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here


Other news in this sector:


© FreshPlaza.com 2020