As of the next campaign, the Tarulli group will introduce new varieties as well as sustainable and packaging solutions. Manager Marilena Daugenti Tarulli reports that "we are the largest European producer of organic table grapes with around 7,000 tons a year."
"To find a good balance between organic production and packaging, we will be introducing new eco-friendly organic packaging solutions suitable for our production. Our products will include:
- transparent cellulose or corn starch 400 or 500 g trays with cellulose or corn starch film;
- cellulose trays with cellulose or corn starch transparent film;
- cellulose transparent shoppers;
- recycled cellulose bags;
- transparent heat-sealed 400 or 500 g cellulose trays with cellulose film;
- heat-sealed 400 or 500 g cellulose trays with cellulose film.
When it comes to varieties, the following will be available in 2020: Giant Pearl, Early Pearl, Autumn Pearl, Prime and white seedless variety Cotton Candy™; which we will be the first to produce using organic techniques."
"We have noticed some interest from a few European markets such as eastern Poland and Romania, which are getting organized not only as wholesalers but also with specialized shops."
"The recent BioFach 2020 fair, the international event dedicated to the organic sector which we took part in with the Demeter stall, was important as it enabled us to strengthen our relationships with our existing clients as well as establish new ones with potential clients."