From sessions with melon export experts to on-farm demonstrations, the Australian Melon Association (AMA) has released a new look, packed program ahead of its 2020 conference to be held in Western Australia in late March.
The 2020 Syngenta Australian Melon Conference & Field Day will feature a mix of technical and marketing presentations and practical demonstrations as well as a variety of trials.
The biennial event is an opportunity for growers, researchers and supply chain representatives from across the melon industry to come together to learn, network and socialise.
The Conference kicks off with a welcome function in Perth on Monday the 30th of March, followed by a new look field day near Waroona and industry dinner at Optus Stadium on Tuesday the 31st of March.
For the first time, the program has been streamlined to include a full field day, trade show and presentations on day two of the Conference to be hosted at Capogreco Farms near Waroona, followed by farm tours on the final day.
Australian Melon Association Chairman Jon Caleo said the restructured program offers growers and other industry stakeholders a unique opportunity.
“Presentations on domestic supply, consumer insights, export opportunities and new traceability systems will be delivered on site at Capogreco Farms alongside the trade show featuring nine seed companies with new trial data to share,” Mr Caleo said.
“The following day attendees will have the chance to visit three farming enterprises as part of a full day tour, including carrot producers the Tedesco family at Centre West Exports, Costa’s blueberry farm at Gingin and Trandos Hydroponic Growers,” he said.
“All of these companies offer incredible insights into new ways of farming and supplying produce to Australia and the rest of the world and it’s a great opportunity for our melon sector to take new, inspired learnings back to their home property.”
Tickets can be purchased here.
2020 Syngenta Australian Melon Conference & Field Day Program
- Monday 30 March: 5pm Registrations commence Pan Pacific Hotel 207 Adelaide Terrace Perth, WA.
- Monday 30 March: 6-8pm Welcome Drinks, Pan Pacific Hotel
- Tuesday 31 March: 7:30 – 4:00 Field Day, Trade Show and Presentations at Capogreco’s Farm, Hamel near Waroona. Speakers include Dan Ryan from Woolworths, Wayne Prowse from Fresh Intelligence Consulting, Greg Calvert from FreshChain Systems and Dr Denise Hamblin from Colmar Brunton.
- Tuesday 31 March: 6:30-11pm Industry Dinner Optus Stadium Perth
- Wednesday 1 April: 9-5pm Farm Tours – by air-conditioned coach with lunch included.
For more information:
Australian Melon Association Inc
Tel: +61 418 779 348