Sharad Pawar to meet Goyal to lift export ban on onions

Sharad Pawar, head of the NCP, said on Friday that he would meet with the Union’s Minister of Commerce, Piyush Goyal, to get the lifting of the onion export ban lifted.

Pawar also said that the state’s Uddhav Thackeray government’s waiver of loans would benefit “85 percent of farmers” as their loans are less than £ 2.

“I will meet with the Union’s Minister of Commerce, Piyush Goyal, in a few days and call for the onion export ban to be lifted. The restrictions on onion storage should also be relaxed,” he told reporters.

“Farmers in the state are experiencing unusual rain and the center should provide assistance. Around 85 percent of the farmers have a loan of less than £2 and the waiver granted by the Maha Vikas Aghadi government has given them relief. The other 15 percent  will be in our our thoughts in the next household,“ he said.

He said discussions are underway to provide relief to sugar cane growers and to investigate issues that sugar factories are facing.
When asked if people who left the NCP would be withdrawn, he said the decision would be taken after the local leaders gained confidence.

Source: Technoea


Publication date:



Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here


Other news in this sector:


© FreshPlaza.com 2020

Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber