- Business Development Manager
- Breeding Trial Specialist
- Farm Manager Abu ADhabi
- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- "The fertilizer industry is at a turning point"
- From the ripe revolution of avocados to expansion into mangos
- AAA Growers' first sea freight avocados selling well in Dubai market
- Sri Lankan coconut coir exporter to double berry farms in Mexico
- China’s lockdowns force fruit exporters to divert to Southeast Asia
Top 5 -last month
Frank Mosterd of Gilad:
"Decrease in Spanish volume stimulates demand for Israeli vegetables"
The price for red peppers is at a level between 7.50 and 8 Euro. The yellow peppers are also going well with a price between 9.50 and 10 Euro. The price of orange peppers is also around 9.50 Euro, but it's heading downhill again due to the first supply of Dutch green peppers.
The price of vine tomatoes also rose last week, when the supply from Spain stopped. "And the first Spanish growers, who started early, are stopping and that clears the way for Israeli product", says Frank. "The quality of the Israeli vegetables are great all along the line. We haven't had a weak week yet."
According to Frank the demand for Israeli vegetables is good. "But the demand is mainly diverse. There's no market with a super-demand, but there is a good distribution of demand, from Russia, Germany, the UK, and the East Block", concludes Frank. Besides the conventional products Gilad has a larger volume of organic available this year.
For more information:
Gilad Dessert Produce
Tel: 0031 174 528 067
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-27 Kazakhstan to buy more spring-planted vegetables from Kyrgyzstan
- 2022-05-27 Yes Peas! launches competition to mark Great British Pea Week 2022
- 2022-05-27 How Namibia is taking charge of its own food production
- 2022-05-26 Better Brazilian ginger expected for 2022
- 2022-05-26 Australian Mushrooms partners with celebrity chef to create Mushroom Meatery
- 2022-05-26 "Spanish Iceberg lettuce yields a great potential in the Middle East during the April-November period."
- 2022-05-26 Hungarian asparagus season starts later than usual
- 2022-05-26 The French asparagus campaign ends on a sad note
- 2022-05-25 Mumbai: Tomato breaks 100-rupee barrier due to shortages
- 2022-05-25 New Spanish early garlic campaign begins with good calibers
- 2022-05-25 "Everyone is waiting for the Zimbabwe season to start"
- 2022-05-25 Price of Chinese garlic expected to decline compared to last year
- 2022-05-25 "If gas prices stay around one euro, we'll have to pass costs along in the chain"
- 2022-05-25 Sicilian Pizzutello tomatoes are back
- 2022-05-25 Tomatoes now costlier than mangoes in Hyderabad
- 2022-05-25 Why vegetable sales have dropped in India this summer
- 2022-05-24 Poland loses three million Ukrainian mushroom pickers to the war
- 2022-05-24 More organic Brussels sprouts production for 2022
- 2022-05-24 Morocco has overtaken Spain to became the UK's second-largest tomato supplier
- 2022-05-24 Paradajz produced record 5,200 tons of tomatoes last year