- Construction Project Manager - Tri-State (CT, NY, NJ) USA
- Private Equity Associate - San Francisco (CA) USA
- Quality Manager
- Sales Manager Europe
- Agronomist & Supply Coordinator - EMEA territory
- Grower - Tasmania (berries) - Australia
- Category Manager - Sydney Markets, Australia
- Independent Sales & Business Development Representative, USA
- Experienced Tomato Grower, North America
- Breeder - Xiamen, China
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Crowd investment campaign for hydroponic greenhouse kits
- Fresh marketer connects Namibia and South Africa
- Off-season for Kenyan avocados will raise prices for fruit and avocado oil
- Statement from AgroFair about banana disease discovery in Peru (Foc TR4)
- Polish apple trees hardly affected by recent frost
Top 5 -last month
Frank Mosterd of Gilad:
"Decrease in Spanish volume stimulates demand for Israeli vegetables"
The price for red peppers is at a level between 7.50 and 8 Euro. The yellow peppers are also going well with a price between 9.50 and 10 Euro. The price of orange peppers is also around 9.50 Euro, but it's heading downhill again due to the first supply of Dutch green peppers.
The price of vine tomatoes also rose last week, when the supply from Spain stopped. "And the first Spanish growers, who started early, are stopping and that clears the way for Israeli product", says Frank. "The quality of the Israeli vegetables are great all along the line. We haven't had a weak week yet."
According to Frank the demand for Israeli vegetables is good. "But the demand is mainly diverse. There's no market with a super-demand, but there is a good distribution of demand, from Russia, Germany, the UK, and the East Block", concludes Frank. Besides the conventional products Gilad has a larger volume of organic available this year.
For more information:
Gilad Dessert Produce
Tel: 0031 174 528 067
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-04-21 Vietnam halts vegetable exports to Cambodia at Kandal’s Chrey Thom checkpoint
- 2021-04-21 Vegetable prices shooting up due to limited supply
- 2021-04-21 Aldi concludes rhubarb deal with Hammonds Produce
- 2021-04-21 Switzerland: Consumption of green asparagus far ahead
- 2021-04-21 Morocco panned by the European Commission
- 2021-04-21 Court rules importer must still pay for 'bad tomatoes' from Spain
- 2021-04-20 Prices strengthening on Brussels sprouts
- 2021-04-20 British imports of Moroccan tomatoes on the rise
- 2021-04-20 Mexico's asparagus production grows by 10.4%
- 2021-04-20 Spanish broccoli prices at highest level in over a year
- 2021-04-20 Dominican Republic: First export of carrots to Puerto Rico
- 2021-04-20 "Limited supply, good prices for asparagus"
- 2021-04-20 France: New vegetable tray for Les Crudettes
- 2021-04-19 Salad line wins best new product award at CPMA
- 2021-04-19 American Mushroom Institute awarded $40,000 in state grant funding
- 2021-04-19 Uzbekistan might increase exports of early cabbage to Ukraine, Belarus and Russia
- 2021-04-19 Vegetables more expensive in Gurugram due to transport cost hikes
- 2021-04-19 Bright vegetable varieties attract consumers in spring
- 2021-04-16 Russian vegetable producers to be disappointed once more?
- 2021-04-16 Denomination of two new races of downy mildew in spinach