Peru launches an agricultural productive reconversion project

Peru's Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation has approved four Agricultural Productive Reconversion Projects (PRPA) that will allow 54 farming families of Ica and Piura to adapt their production to the cultivation of new products.

The projects will be funded through the Competitiveness Compensation Program, AGROIDEAS, and require an investment of 7.6 million soles, 5.5 million of which will be financed by the State and 2.1 million by agricultural organizations.

In Ica, seven families that make up the Agroindustrial Chincha Cooperative, Agrochincha Ltda., will convert their Tangüis cotton crops to 26 hectares of asparagus. In Piura, a total of 47 families will replace their rice crops with organic bananas.

The Minister of Agriculture will contribute 70% of the total investment needed for each productive reconversion project, through AGROIDEAS, while the agricultural organizations must finance the remaining 30%. This way, the sector reaffirms its commitment to boost competitive businesses for the benefit of small and medium agricultural producers.

 

Source: foodnewslatam.com 


Publication date:



Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here


Other news in this sector:


© FreshPlaza.com 2020

Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber