Announcements

Job Offers



Specials more

Top 5 -yesterday

Top 5 -last week

Top 5 -last month

Bulbi' Mix - garlic and shallot together for the first time

Garlic prices are around 20% higher than last year. Spain is the protagonist when it comes to sales on the Italian market. Quality and quantities are in line with the past seasons and there are a few sustainable options when it comes to packaging.

"The average wholesale price is of around €2.30 depending on the garlic variety. The quotation of oblong shallot of French origin is instead dropping to approximately €0.80," explains Gaetano Lucantoni, manager of Eurogarlic Sas Lucantoni & C, a company specializing in the processing and commercialization of garlic and shallot. 

Eurogarlic is equipped with modern processing, storage and packaging systems that enable it to meet all kind of demands. "The fact that we specialize in garlic and shallot means we can be competitive when it comes to prices, quality and innovation."

The main clients are the big retail chain, wholesalers, caterers and foreign markets as well.

New introduction on the market
"We have created a sustainable product range - it is called Bulbì and it is a single-material packet containing garlic or shallot. What is entirely new, though, is Bulbì Mix, as there is no option on the market that sells garlic and shallot together."

The packet weighs 250 grams and contains two garlic heads (approx. 40%) while the rest is shallot (approx. 60%). There is also the option to have a single garlic head. The garlic is of Spanish origin and shallot is French. Garlic can be either red or white.

Benefits for consumers and the retail chain 
"Consumers purchase two products in a single packet, which is more practical and makes it possible to save money. We usually find garlic in a multi-material packet with a plastic net, metal clip and paper label. We developed an innovative project with recyclable mono-material. It keeps the fridge or pantry clean as no product residues fall out."  

"At the same time, the retail chain can have a more complete assortment in hypermarkets and large stores and can opt to have two products in a single packet for smaller stores."

Contacts:
Gaetano Lucantoni
Eurogarlic Sas Lucantoni & C.
Via Arabona, 51
67039 Sulmona (AQ)
Tel: +39 0864 53307
Cell.: +39 348 3024900
Fax: +39 0864 207061
Email: info@eurogarlic.com
Website: www.eurogarlic.com


Publication date:
©



Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here


Other news in this sector:


© FreshPlaza.com 2020

Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber