Sandrine Tual, Pomliberty:

“Our three varieties Lady Anna, Celtiane and Gwennie are now labeled Demain la Terre”

This December, it is possible to consume potatoes that are certified Demain la Terre. Pomliberty joined the organization Demain la Terre as a member in 2017. For Sandrine Tual, marketing and communication manager of the company, joining the approach is part of a logical continuity as it fits perfectly with the values of the company.

“Our code of conduct has always been to sell our products while guaranteeing fair remuneration for the producers we work with. Even before joining the organization, we were already committed to an “all-potato-lovers” CSR approach, which implied both producers and final consumers, whom we consider as partners. Respecting the product and our producers has always been part of our DNA.”

Three varieties now labeled Demain la Terre
Three varieties have been selected to be the first to display the colors of the Demain la Terre logo. “All the producers we work with are in the process of being certified Demain la Terre. But on the marketing level, we cannot switch the whole production at once to the label, we must operate progressively. Therefore, we decided to start with the Lady Anna, a ‘friable’ variety; Celtiane, a firm flesh variety, and also Gwennie, which represents ‘simplicity in the kitchen’. The first two varieties have been sold since December, and the Gwennie will be at the beginning of 2020,” explains Sandrine.

A work of pedagogical support
As a packer and marketer, Sandrine mentions the work of pedagogical support that must be done around the Demain la Terre certification. “We communicate with our clients about the interest to choose these products and how they meet the demand. This requires a lot of pedagogical work. The organization is working in this direction, and we are the ones who must pass the information to our clients. So far, this has been well received. Our clients see Demain la Terre as a label that requires long-term background work. We feel a real interest for the approach and we’ve only received positive feedback about it.”

About Pomliberty
Pomliberty is both a producer and packer of fresh potatoes. The company is based in Picardy, a historical region for potatoes where about 60% of the French potatoes are produced. The company is managed by two producers: Arnaud Lambert, in charge of the marketing part, and Thomas Ducamps, responsible for crops.

Pomliberty brings together nearly 25 producers who cultivate on about 900 hectares, mostly located within a 19-mile radius around the packaging center. This year, the company sold 35,000 tons of washed and packaged potatoes. It targets mainly wholesalers, which make up 80% of its clientele. The remaining 20% represent supermarkets.

For more information:
Pomliberty
ZA Saint-Sulpice
1 rue Arthur Rimbaud
80400 Ham
Phone: +33 (0)3 22 88 31 39
accueil@pomliberty.fr 
www.pomliberty.fr 


Publication date:
©



Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here


Other news in this sector:


© FreshPlaza.com 2020

Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber