"Our sales volume on Single's Day doubled from last year"

The Chinese apple production season is in full swing. Farmers in most production areas are currently harvesting their apples. This year the apple production volume is much larger than last year.

Guo Lei of Luochuan Meirun Fruit Industry Co., Ltd. recently explained why this is a great development. According to Guo ... "The price difference between poor-quality apples and top-quality apples has grown further apart in recent years. The overall production volume of apples is significantly bigger than in recent years, but most of these apples are poor-quality or medium-quality apples. Many farmers who try to sell these apples end up in situations where their apples become unmarketable. Some suffer financial loss because of this. These experiences will affect their crop in subsequent years because they have no money to invest. Without investment they can not improve the quality of their apples, either through technological innovation or other methods. Their market prospects will only grow worse."

Mr. Guo currently sells Luochuan apples through various sales channels. He established his company in 2015. He mainly sells his apples to companies and specialized fruit stores, as well as e-commerce platforms. The percentage of apples sold online is growing as e-commerce platforms become more and more popular with Chinese consumers.

According to the predictions of Mr. Guo, his online sales volume will only grow in the future as more and more online shops appear. In addition, online marketing can help farmers sell their apples.

When asked about the current conditions in the Luochuan apple industry, Mr. Guo explained, "The apple production volume in Luochuan is this year around 800 thousand tons. That is higher than in previous years. The production volume increased by 20% in comparison with last year. First-grade apples account for about 30% of the overall production volume, while the remaining 70% consists of second- and third-grade apples. The nutritional reserves of the apple trees were quite large because the production volume was small last year, which means that this year the apples are quite big. There are huge price differences for apples of different grades. The price of top-quality apples is relatively stable and the price of second-grade apples is cheap, but the price of third-grade apples keeps falling."

"The best way to solve this problem is corporate investment in plantation technology. Corporations with capital reserves can help farmers to improve product quality and secure sales channels. The apple production volume keeps growing every year. However, the production volume of poor-quality apples grows faster than the rest. The only way to maintain true growth and have farmers benefit from their harvest is to pay attention to the quality of apples."

Meirun Fruit Industry participated in online Double 11 [November 11th] sales. Their sales volume significantly increased this year. "We sold 4 thousand boxes of apples last Double 11, but this year we sold 9,305 boxes of apples. That is more than twice the sales volume of last Double 11. The main reason for our successful sales this year is the return of loyal customers. In addition, there were quite a few live sales of apples. The increased attention for online sales helped to boost enthusiasm for our apples. Looking back on our sales achievements this year, we are extremely satisfied."

For more information:

Guo Lei

Luochuan Meirun Fruit Industry Co., Ltd.

Tel.: +86 131 0813 1039 


Publication date:
©



Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here


Other news in this sector:


© FreshPlaza.com 2019

Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber