Job Offers

Specials more

Top 5 -yesterday

Top 5 -last week

Top 5 -last month

Social unrest has not affected Chilean fruit exports

According to the Central Bank's report on Chile's trade balance in the period between October 1 and 23, which coincides with the social outbreaks that began on the 18th of that month, Chilean exports collapsed by 21% year-on-year in October, totaling 5.257 million dollars and recording a trade deficit of 307 million.

However, according to data provided by the Association of Fruit Exporters of Chile, ASOEX, fruit exports in the 2019-2020 season (which began on September 1, 2019), such as blueberries and cherries, are being carried out normally to date. In fact, there have been larger volumes compared to the same date last season. Blueberry exports up until last week increased by 16.53% (1,908 tons) compared to the 1,637 tons exported by the same date of last season.

Chile's Blueberry Committee-ASOEX stated in its latest Crop Report that, as is usual at this stage of the season, air shipments continue to dominate, with 67% of volumes shipped until week 44, while the remaining 33% of the volume shipped was concentrated in seaports, mainly through San Antonio.

According to ASOEX statistics, until last week, cherry exports have increased by 35.14% (496 tons) over the same period of the 2018-2019 season.

The country will send its first shipment of cherries to China this week through Haag-Lloyd's Cherry Express service. This route includes the first direct connection between Valparaiso and Hong Kong and will be carried out by the 10,010 TEU MOL Benefactor ship. The departure is scheduled for November 13. The ship will arrive in Hong Kong after 22 days, on December 5.




Publication date:

Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here

Other news in this sector:

© 2020

Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber