Sun World has reaffirmed its intellectual property rights on its stone fruit varieties. The company is the owner of the international patents on several stone fruit varieties grown in Spain, among which:
- Suplumthirtyeight (a plum of the Black Giant® series)
- Suplumfortyone (a very early ripening red-fleshed plum of the Black Diamond® series)
- Sunectwentyone (a nectarine of the Super Star® series)
These stone fruit varieties are sold under their respective registered trademarks, whose characteristics are the following:
- BLACK GIANT®: extremely large plums with black skin and yellow flesh.
- BLACK DIAMOND®: plums with black skin and red flesh.
- SUPER STAR®: nectarines with excellent eating qualities.
Sun World is actively committed to protecting its own plant patents and IP rights. These three stone fruit varieties are protected under the Spanish and European plant patent law.
Sun World reminds all Spanish growers, nurseries and distributors that the above varieties cannot be propagated, marketed or planted legally without a license agreement with Sun World. Anyone who propagates, plants, produces or sells trees or fruit of these varieties without a license will be prosecuted to the fullest extent permitted by law.
For more information: