The results are in for the National Mango Board’s (NMB) ninth annual Mango Mania Display Contest. The Board noted that participating retailers built impressive, eye-catching displays for at least one week during the month of June 2019. Over $1,500 in cash incentives were awarded to the winning stores.
Every store was a winner of a $15 digital gift card just by entering the contest. Plus, stores that chose to include Tajín products in their displays received an additional $15 incentive. Stores were encouraged to use NMB’s point-of-sale (POS) materials that showcased selection, cutting, and nutrition messages to educate shoppers; as well as use their own creativity and props into the displays.
The NMB received 120 eligible entries, which it says were judged based on creativity of the display, visual appeal, and effectiveness in educating customers about mangos. “The level of creativity and the hard work that our retail partners put into building their mango displays deserve to be applauded,” stated Valda Coryat, Director of Marketing at the NMB. “The retailers’ excitement to promote this super fun superfruit is energizing! This contest continues to be a great way to engage our retailers while boosting mango sales and movement.”
The top winners in each category are:
1 to 6 registers
- 1st Place, $500 prize: Lacy Dunn, Safeway, Springfield, OR.
- 2nd Place, $250 prize: Carlos Gomez, Foodland Markets, Waxahachie, TX.
- 3rd Place, $100 prize: Ryan Petralia, Price Rite, Rochester, NY.
1 to 6 registers 1st Place: Lacy Dunn, Safeway, Springfield, OR
7 or more registers
- 1st Place, $500 prize: Russell Varga, Chuck’s Produce, Vancouver, WA.
- 2nd Place, $250 prize: Allen Thomas, Chuck’s Produce, Vancouver, WA.
- 3rd Place, $100 prize: Willie Szabo, Price Rite Marketplace, Rochester, NY.