Catalytic Generators, a US-based ethylene generator manufacturer, will be exhibiting at the PMA Fresh Summit for the 38th year. The company said the scale of the show allows many of its customers from around the world to gather in one place, while also providing an opportunity to meet some new ones.
"Many existing customers attend the PMA, so this gives us the opportunity to connect once again while meeting new members to the produce industry," said Katlynn Ketchum of Catalytic Generators. "We find the PMA to be an excellent opportunity for communicating the multitude of benefits of our ethylene production systems to both new and experienced ripeners. We see so many ripeners from all over the world, looking for better, easier and safer ways to apply ethylene."
New booth this year
For this year's show in Anaheim on October 17 - 19, Catalytic Generators redesigned its booth to allow for more space to display its range, while also sprucing up the visual appearance. "Like the design of our new European ethylene generator, our booth features a sleek white design with three large display tables for our ethylene generators, plus plenty of space for the postharvest equipment sold by our sister company, QA Supplies," Ketchum shared.
She added that the space is so sufficient, that the company is able to display its full range of ethylene generators, along with QA Supplies’ Fruit Texture Analyzer. "Quickly find us this year with our large backlit wall and full range of products. Customers can easily transition between QA Supplies and Catalytic Generators products in our new 20’ booth!"
Ethylene generators on display
One redesigned and one new ethylene generator will be on display at PMA this year, along with the entire current range. The two generators are the redesigned Easy-Ripe® Ethylene Generator and new Easy-Ripe® XT.
As described by Ketchum, "These generators feature a specially designed tank that holds Ethy-Gen® II Ripening Concentrate. As part of the improved tank, a new liquid-indicating cap provides better security, it also integrates a liquid level indicator, making it easy to know how much Ethy-Gen® II is in the tank."
The other ethylene generators which will be on display are (as described by the company):
• New Easy-Ripe® Ethylene Generator (230v Model): Specifically designed for regions that utilize the 230v power output, the new Easy-Ripe® Ethylene Generator features a new design and communication abilities for remote control of ethylene levels.
• Easy-Ripe® Ethylene Generator: Newly redesigned 120V model. The Easy-Ripe® now features a new tank, which includes indication of Ethy-Gen II level.
• The Citrus Generator: Very easy to use obtaining low levels (<10 ppm) of ethylene for citrus degreening – simply place the citrus generator in the degreening room, plug into a properly grounded electrical outlet, select a conversion rate, pour in Ethy-Gen® II Concentrate, and power on.
• CRS - Centralized Ripening System®: The CRS can serve up to 40 (or more) ripening rooms, with continuous ethylene production to initiate the natural ripening & degreening process, while being controlled from one central location.
• Auto-Ripe® Generator: Auto Ripe® Generators hold enough Ethy-Gen® II Ripening Concentrate to perform at least four ripening cycles in a one or two load ripening room. This generator features a 4-liter reservoir and wall-mount design.
• Easy-Ripe® XT: This model produces ethylene on the room’s exterior and uses a flue system to direct the generator’s ethylene output into the room. Rooms that have little or no convenient space for the generator inside the room will benefit from this exterior mounting of the unit. The modifications of the Easy-Ripe® XT add convenience to the daily operations within a ripening facility.
"All our ethylene generators offer consistent, non-pressurized, and safe ethylene levels for uniform ripening," Ketchum concluded. "Plus, they are adjustable for multiple room sizes, allowing them to adapt to any ethylene PPM requirements. We will also be displaying options from Felix Instruments on ethylene measurement. Our generators are easy to adjust and set to attain targeted ethylene levels."
Visitors to the PMA Fresh Summit can find Catalytic Generators and QA Supplies at Booth #2634.