Early Fuji apples from Shaanxi are hitting the market in large volumes. Due to the differences in quality and sizes, prices vary notably, and purchasing prices in various places have fallen. While in northern Shaanxi prices are relatively high and more purchasers are active, prices in Weinan and Tongchuan have fallen slightly, and there is a higher possibility that purchasers will offer lower prices for medium or lower grade products.
Apple growing involves high costs and investment, low revenues, and high losses, why so?
1. The planted area is too large and the production is too high.
2. Imports continue to grow, putting pressure on the domestic market.
3. Due to the sharp drop in grain prices, the volume of open-field fruit has increased significantly, taking over shares of the apple market.
4, Sales of high-end fruit fell sharply.
5. A large number of cold storages have been built in the apple production areas, turning farmers into stockpilers and pushing traders out of the game.
6. High expenses. For example, after purchasing half a kilo of fruit with 1 yuan and putting it into storage, the costs turn into 1.8 yuan.
7. Currency depreciation has also affected prices to a certain extent.
Source: Fruit Service Center