Mexico plans to export dates from Sonora to China

The San Luis Río Colorado Valley, in the Mexican state of Sonora, is the largest date-producing region nationwide. The production sector's long-term goal is to market Sonoran dates in China. To achieve it, a group of entrepreneurs from the interior of the state has traveled to San Luis Rio Colorado to get hold of local palms and extend the plantations of date palms in other areas of Sonora.

Currently, San Luis Rio Colorado produces about 8 thousand tons of dates a year. 33% of the production is exported to England, Germany, France, Australia, and the United States, while the remaining 67% stay in Mexico.

 

Source: lavozdelafrontera.com.mx 


Publication date:



Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here


Other news in this sector:


© FreshPlaza.com 2019

Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber