“With numerous enhancements from one-on-one networking meetings to a late-night party for some 800 attendees at the House of Blues, United Fresh 2019 lived up to the vision of a value-add trade event that was shaped by our Convention Committee,” said United Fresh Chairman Greg Corrigan, Senior Director of Produce & Floral at Raley’s Family of Fine Stores.
The United Fresh 2019 Convention featured:
- More than 5,000 attendees across the fresh produce industry
- More than 350 retail and foodservice buyers
- 26 retail/foodservice companies and vendors participating in the first B2B Partner X-Change
- 127 speakers in general sessions, workshops and discussion groups
- 32 countries represented
- 280 exhibitors, including 82 first-time exhibitors
- 70 school foodservice directors feeding more than 600-millions children in the last school year
At the conclusion of the 2019 Convention, United Fresh announced that the United Fresh 2020 Convention & Expo will take place June 16-18 San Diego, CA, marking the first stop is a new four-year city cycle for the trade show.
“Chicago has been good to us,” said United Fresh President & CEO Tom Stenzel. “But the time has come for us to broaden opportunities across the industry by taking the show on the road. After next year, we’ll also be moving back into our traditional late Spring timetable to enhance our attendee experience.”
Future dates and locations for United Fresh Convention & Expo include:
- June 16-18, 2020; San Diego, CA
- April 21-23, 2021; Los Angeles, CA
- May 9-11, 2022; Boston, MA
- April 18-20, 2023; San Diego, CA
United Fresh said it will build on the tangible changes launched in 2019 that have created a foundation to build increased business value to the industry in years to come. The industry can anticipate more of the following:
The Partner X-Change, a B2B matchmaking program where buyers and vendors came together for one-on-one meetings, engaging new retail and foodservice operators to present new products, pitch new programs and develop new relationships. "The Partner X-Change was very valuable as we met several vendors that we will be doing new business with", said Jeff Cady, Director of Produce & Floral, Tops.
- United Fresh Late Night where attendees gathered off the show floor for an evening of networking and entertainment designed to create a shared experience for the industry.
- Enhanced opportunities for networking and discovery across the trade show floor including the EATS food court on the expo floor, Innovation Awards, FutureTEC Zone, Marketing Solutions Zone and more.
- The International Trade Center where countries exporting or importing product can build new trade relationships.
- Further engagement of School Foodservice Directors through the Fresh Festival for School Foodservice and School Foodservice Forum where relationships built at United Fresh are increasing kids consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Enhanced focus on Women in Produce and Retail/Foodservice Leadership.
The 2020 Convention will also mark the conclusion of the 25th year of the United Fresh Produce Industry Leadership Program, promising a major celebration with some 300 alumni and industry leaders gathering together in San Diego, organizers said.