- Office (sales) manager China - Zhangjiagang
- Apple Production Manager - Freestate, South Africa
- Entomologist - Canada
- Head Grower - Hudson (OH) USA
- Product Developer - Italy
- Commercial Manager | Fresh Produce | Kenya
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe (Benelux - Germany)
- Technical sales specialists Florida, Virginia, North Caroline, South Carolina, Texas, - USA
- Business Development Manager Spain
- Director of Operations - Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Kenyan avocado season has mixed results depending on variety
- Walmart: $10bln surprise after buying Flipkart
- "Ceremony held for first shipment of cold-treatment-free cherries from Izmir, Turkey"
- "If you do not have IP amongst your offering you will quickly lose relevance in the market"
Top 5 -last month
US: Curry & Co. expands carrot program
The carrots are grown in Ellerbe, NC and will be packed at Curry & Co.’s facility in Statesboro, GA. They give East coast retailers the opportunity to source local and regionally grown carrots during the winter months.
According to Curry & Co.’s Dave Hicks, “The quality of this year’s crop is outstanding, we’ve had cool nights and warm days which have been ideal for growing. Our carrot growing region has sandy soils and we use an energy efficient irrigation system for the entire crop which isn’t common in North Carolina. Overall, I think consumers will enjoy the great flavor of our North Carolina carrots.”
The addition of North Carolina carrots to Curry & Co.’s overall carrot program now gives them availability from December-June on cello carrots. Curry & Co.’s Vidalia Sweet Carrot program was launched in the spring of 2011 and received the Joe Nucci Award for Product Innovation in service of Expanding Consumption of Fresh Fruits and Vegetables which was awarded at this year’s NY Produce Show and Conference in November.
According to company President, Matt Curry, ‘We had strong demand for our Vidalia Sweet Carrots in 2011 and have been asked by several of our customers if we had other carrot offerings, we are pleased to announce that we will be shipping fresh grown North Carolina carrots throughout January.
Curry & Co.’s North Carolina carrots will feature the newly designed Curry & Co. Carrot logo on all their bags. They will initially offer 1-, 2- and 3 lb. consumer bags as well as larger bulk offerings for foodservice. All product will load at the company’s warehouse in Statesboro, GA. The majority of the carrots will be marketed locally or regionally given the size of this initial crop, although the quality of the carrots will allow Curry & Co. to ship throughout North America.
Curry & Co. is headquartered in Brooks, OR. They are year round suppliers of sweet onions, onions, potatoes and blueberries and added seasonal carrots to their program in 2011. Visit them at www.curryandco.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-07-19 Greenhouse grower introduces new Procurement Manager in Mexico
- 2019-07-19 NatureFresh™ Farms introduces new procurement manager in Mexico
- 2019-07-19 HKW announces add-on acquisition by Fresh Direct Produce
- 2019-07-19 Grant Wingrove joins Delecta as they focus on the Far East Markets
- 2019-07-19 Hema Fresh: Convenience is the most important trend
- 2019-07-18 Ryan Meyer joins Monterey Mushrooms
- 2019-07-17 CAN (ON): How a grocery store delivers hydroponic greens year-round without any packaging
- 2019-07-17 Driedfresh and Scott Technology enter agreement
- 2019-07-17 Nasce Antiga Sardigna is the new production facility for La Linea Verde
- 2019-07-17 "In our delivery area, sales are growing steadily"
- 2019-07-17 "There is no 'no can do' in the precut industry"
- 2019-07-17 “If you don’t love what you do, I don’t think you can excel in your ambitions”
- 2019-07-16 "We will introduce new avocado cultivars and expand the outgrower programme"
- 2019-07-16 Steel construction of new building at Freight Line Europe
- 2019-07-16 United Fresh promotes Amanda Griffin
- 2019-07-16 Jasper Trujillo joins North American packaging manufacturer
- 2019-07-16 Seven Seas adds Steve Kim to California team
- 2019-07-15 Las Vegas distributor completes 40,000 square foot expansion
- 2019-07-15 Del Monte creates new Product Development Team
- 2019-07-15 New partnership between Nutrano and Keenan Produce