- Head, Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture
- General Manager - Oxnard (CA) USA
- Trader Fruit - Rungis (France)
- Fruit & vegetables Export - Import manager
- Import-Export senior Sales Agents to Europe - Barcelona, Spain
- Teamleader Agronomist Vertical Farm - Poeldijk, The Netherlands
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Greenhouse Installation Specialist
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- QA Officer Retail - Maasdijk
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: Curry & Co. expands carrot program
The carrots are grown in Ellerbe, NC and will be packed at Curry & Co.’s facility in Statesboro, GA. They give East coast retailers the opportunity to source local and regionally grown carrots during the winter months.
According to Curry & Co.’s Dave Hicks, “The quality of this year’s crop is outstanding, we’ve had cool nights and warm days which have been ideal for growing. Our carrot growing region has sandy soils and we use an energy efficient irrigation system for the entire crop which isn’t common in North Carolina. Overall, I think consumers will enjoy the great flavor of our North Carolina carrots.”
The addition of North Carolina carrots to Curry & Co.’s overall carrot program now gives them availability from December-June on cello carrots. Curry & Co.’s Vidalia Sweet Carrot program was launched in the spring of 2011 and received the Joe Nucci Award for Product Innovation in service of Expanding Consumption of Fresh Fruits and Vegetables which was awarded at this year’s NY Produce Show and Conference in November.
According to company President, Matt Curry, ‘We had strong demand for our Vidalia Sweet Carrots in 2011 and have been asked by several of our customers if we had other carrot offerings, we are pleased to announce that we will be shipping fresh grown North Carolina carrots throughout January.
Curry & Co.’s North Carolina carrots will feature the newly designed Curry & Co. Carrot logo on all their bags. They will initially offer 1-, 2- and 3 lb. consumer bags as well as larger bulk offerings for foodservice. All product will load at the company’s warehouse in Statesboro, GA. The majority of the carrots will be marketed locally or regionally given the size of this initial crop, although the quality of the carrots will allow Curry & Co. to ship throughout North America.
Curry & Co. is headquartered in Brooks, OR. They are year round suppliers of sweet onions, onions, potatoes and blueberries and added seasonal carrots to their program in 2011. Visit them at www.curryandco.com
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-01-18 Vilhelm Már Þorsteinsson hired as new CEO of Eimskip
- 2019-01-18 e-Fresh announces 93% growth rate in 2018
- 2019-01-18 New chair for Horticulture New Zealand
- 2019-01-18 "Partnerships with established suppliers in Germany and abroad are important to us"
- 2019-01-18 RedStar appoints New CEO
- 2019-01-18 Whole Foods arrives in Europe via Amazon
- 2019-01-18 Switzerland: Aldi has transformed the retail business
- 2019-01-18 CMA CGM unites Containerships and MacAndrews brands
- 2019-01-18 Summer Citrus remembers Gerrit van der Merwe Sr.
- 2019-01-18 Michigan-based Riveridge grows statewide reach through acquisition
- 2019-01-17 New hire at Maglio’s McAllen facility strengthens grower relationships
- 2019-01-17 Visbeen and Post-Kogeko merge to become Daily Logistics Group
- 2019-01-17 "Customers keep coming back for Sicilian tomatoes"
- 2019-01-17 Clarebout extends its activity to Frameries, Belgium
- 2019-01-17 Three De Graaffs at RTR Trailer Rental's helm
- 2019-01-17 Alibaba and Thai companies jointly invest in EEC e-commerce project
- 2019-01-16 tegut ... increases sales and customer visits in financial year 2018
- 2019-01-16 Swiss LGT Impact leads investment in Indian distributor Waycool
- 2019-01-16 Oerlemans Packaging Group takes over Frisiapack
- 2019-01-15 Big merger in Dutch tomato industry annulled