There are currently many international meetings and events related to the blueberry industry, focusing on the fruit's cultivation in different ways and covering some aspects of the production process. This is also true of Spain, which in the coming days will have two major meetings devoted to the production and management of berries.
The 5th Red Fruits Congress will be held on June 19 and 20; an event that will deal with more commercial aspects of the cultivation of berries. Then, on Thursday, June 27, the 17th International Blueberry Seminar will take place in Seville. This one will mainly cover the technical aspects of blueberry cultivation, addressing issues such as:
- Physiological concepts for its production; coordination of aerial-radical growth in blueberry plants.
- Necessary characteristics of new varieties.
- Use of rootstocks.
- Organic and conventional nutrition in blueberries.
- Mechanized harvesting.
- The impact of technology on the packaging process.
- Hydroponic production of blueberries.
- Management of blueberry production under cover.
- Use of growth regulators in blueberries with low cold requirements.
There are great prospects for the International Seminar held in Seville, as the industry is threatened by new competitors and the event is providing an opportunity to learn about new technologies and new research that can help growers stand out, become more productive or adopt new methods that can allow them to be more competitive in the international markets.
The Seminar will be held at the Hotel Meliá Lebreros in Seville. To register and get more information, you can visit: