United Fresh will host a Walking Challenge this year during the annual United Fresh Convention & Expo, June 10-12 in Chicago.
Attendees are encouraged to engage in some healthy competition, making the most of their steps during the annual event by participating in this new Walking Challenge. Every step counts toward the challenge, from a morning run, to walking the trade show floor and everything in between.
“We know that, on average, attendees will walk 15,000 steps a day during our time in Chicago,” said John Toner, United Fresh’s Vice President of Convention & Industry Collaboration. “We’re excited to incentivize our attendees to push those steps further through some friendly competition and of course, a grand prize!” The Walking Challenge starts on Monday, June 10 at noon (CT) and ends on Wednesday, June 12 at 12:30 pm. Participants can start today by downloading the Walking Challenge App and syncing it to their step-counting device (for a bonus +500 points).
Throughout United Fresh 2019, participants of the Walking Challenge can pick up bonus points by attending various events and visiting locations, including:
- United Fresh’s opening party at Navy Pier’s Crystal Gardens +500 steps
- United Fresh late night at Chicago’s House of Blues +500 steps
- The Fresh Festival for school foodservice + 500 steps
- Monday’s produce outlook general sessions +500 steps
- Tuesday’s Morten Hansen general sessions +500 steps
- Wednesday’s Women in Produce general session +500 steps
- The United Fresh membership booth +500 steps
- The Walking Challenge sponsor’s booth, Crunch Pak, Booth# 6040 + 500steps
On Wednesday, June 12, at the conclusion of the challenge, the top 25 steppers will be eligible for a grand prize of $1,000 cash plus a free registration to United Fresh 2020, June 16-18 in San Diego. The winner will be announced from the Main Stage at 2:30 pm, and must be present to win.