The National Mango Board (NMB) announced it is collaborating both internationally and domestically to meet with industry members and provide mango growers, exporters, importers, and handlers with the latest mango knowledge. These collaborations will take place in meetings with major exporting countries as well as domestic locations, where the NMB staff will present marketing research and findings, as well as research program developments on post-harvest best management practices.
The NMB said it is committed to and encourages open communication throughout the mango industry. According to the Board, the extension workshops and outreach meetings enhance communication between the NMB staff and industry members, and showcase tools, research, and resources that support the needs of the mango industry. It also noted that the meetings provide an opportunity for direct conversations on the NMB’s work with the industry with the aim to improve mango quality and consistency in the U.S. marketplace.
The Extension Workshops and Outreach Meetings schedule is as follows:
- International Mango Conference - Coral Gables, FL - July 12, 2019
- South Florida Growers workshop – TBD
- Morelia, Michoacán, Mexico - May 30, 2019
- Los Mochis, Sinaloa, Mexico - June 5 & 6, 2019
- Piura, Peru (Promango congress) - June 6 & 7, 2019
- Dominican Republic (ExpoMango) - June 19-22, 2019
- Guayaquil, Ecuador - July 17, 2019
- Petrolina, Brazil - August 7& 8, 2019
- Piura, Peru (APEM congress) - November 7 & 8, 2019
- Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico (EMEX A.C. congress) - November 21-22, 2019
- Guatemala - (New proposed date) – January or February 2020