In 2018, Fair Trade in France grew at double-digit rates

Fair trade is becoming more and more successful in France. Last year, the sector generated a turnover of €1.2 billion, an increase of 22% compared to the previous year. Sales of "Origine France" products increased by 34% while products of foreign origin enjoyed growth of 17%. However, the latter weigh twice as much in value: they represented €842 million, compared with €434 million for products of French origin.

The first products to benefit from this increase are food products, which account for 97% of sales. The remaining 3% is divided between craft products, cosmetics, textiles, tourism and flowers.

Almost half of fair trade sales are made in supermarkets and medium-sized stores, only 25% of purchases are made in specialised and organic stores.

Of the fair trade products of French origin, 53% come from bakery products, 17% from fresh fruit and vegetables and 11% from salted groceries. For products from abroad, 41% of purchases are coffee, fresh fruit and juices (22%), desserts and sweet groceries (16%).

Source: journaldeleconomie.fr


Publication date:


Print   

Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here


Other news in this sector:


© FreshPlaza.com 2019

Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber