Temperature control during transport is very important, especially for food products. If one does not control the temperature well, the quality and safety of products are affected, increasing shrinkage, waste or the rejection of an entire load. Mr. Billy Shi, Director of Sales, from DeltaTrak, explains that the laws on temperature control are still developing in China, though in recent years there has been faster progress.
Datalogger from DeltaTrak
“Before, there were only strict temperature control laws for the transport of pharmaceutical products, but no clear laws were set for the food industry. Nowadays more initiatives are being started by the government to set temperature control requirements for different kinds of products to improve the visibility of transport conditions and industry standards. In my opinion this is a very positive development and can contribute to much better food safety and products arriving in the best possible quality.”
Testing software of dataloggers and placing serial numbers
DeltaTrak is a Cold Chain Solution and Data Service company. They deliver all kinds of temperature monitoring systems and data logging instruments for different industry applications. For example, they supply the temperature monitor for the high temperature dishwashers at Starbucks, to ensure that the sanitation temperature always reaches 72 Celsius or above. This is a strict requirement from the sanitary laws and therefore a reliable and accurate verification tool like the Flashcheck Dishwasher Thermometer kit is needed. “Additionally, we also provide cold chain and food safety services for supermarkets, restaurant chains, food processing and commercial cold storages. We have a broad range of QC instrumentation that can service our clients as a “one stop shop” to service their various Quality Assurance needs. This places DeltaTrak in a good market position, because we can provide customized solutions to different industry applications.
About 80% of DeltaTrak China’s Cold Chain business is in the food industry, and the remaining 20% of our clients consist of pharmaceutical or chemical companies.”
“For companies importing and exporting fruit, real time monitoring (IOT) is becoming increasingly important. The China market, seems to be more competitive with much larger requirements for IOT solutions than other countries using ‘smart’ products at a low price. Even though it is challenging to supply high tech products at competitive pricing, we always focus on manufacturing good quality products that are applications oriented to create value for our customers.
As an ISO certified company, all of our products are manufactured, processed and tested in our own laboratory under our global quality system. We provide a manufacturer’s certificate of compliance traceable to NIST and other international standards upon request, when the products are sold to our clients. DeltaTrak acts as a legal third party expert witness, using the traceability record to support insurance claims when dispute arises due to bad arrival conditions of the shipment for our customers. Innovative R & D developments such as the “Shadow Log” function in our data logger design, guarantees that the trip data is always available even if the operator forgets to activate the data logger. This patented design has been very popular and appreciated as a very useful feature by all of our clients.”
DeltaTrak collaboration machine
Because of the high investment in their R&D department, DeltaTrak is able to develop new products, or upgrade products every year. When developing new products, they always listen closely to their clients’ needs and applications. When talking about the data logger market, Billy mentioned: “Five to ten years ago, there were fewer competitors for data loggers on the Chinese market, maybe 10 to 15 companies. Now, when I checked last year, there were more than 30 different companies. So you can say that the competition is quite fierce in China for this industry. But we differentiate ourselves by excellent service and offer a complete, full service product range in China and throughout DeltaTrak sales offices located in different parts of the world.”
Placing serial number on dataloggers
“DeltaTrak also provides a web based cloud data service, to conduct analytics and archiving of end to end, cold chain traceability data for our customers. Data integration with customer’s ERP systems and connectivity to Blockchain platform thru API is becoming an important part of our services to our customers.
Deltatrak has also started a new GO Green program, to reduce electronic waste, disposing of batteries correctly and recycling electronic components of our single use data loggers, to contribute to a greener environment. To encourage more companies to join this program, recycling credits are offered, which they can use towards their next purchase from DeltaTrak. In this way, we try to make the world a bit better too.”
Phone: +86 (755) 2837 2664