“Complicated market for Moroccan tomatoes”

The Moroccan tomato season is drawing to an end. According to Pierre Bolte of Saint Charles Primeurs, the market is rather difficult. “We are selling tomatoes between 0.50 and 0.70 €/kg [0.26 and 0.36 USD/lb], depending on the caliber. The smaller calibers are the cheapest because there are too many. It is often the case at the end of the season, when the plants do not give big fruits anymore.”

Saint Charles Primeurs is based on the Saint Charles market in Perpignan. The company has been around for 40 years and imports fruits and vegetables from Spain, Portugal and Morocco. Besides tomatoes, its key products include the eggplants, bell peppers, tangerines and oranges.

80% of the Saint Charles Primeurs products are marketed in France. The remaining 20% are exported to central European countries.

For more information:   
Saint Charles Primeurs
+33 (0)4 68 85 63 00
pierre@saint-charles-primeurs.com  
www.saint-charles-primeurs.com   


Publication date:
©


Print   

Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here


Other news in this sector:


© FreshPlaza.com 2019

Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber