The YOOM® tomato is characterized by its extraordinary color and its novel and balanced bittersweet aroma. This is further enhanced by the delicious and exotic umami flavor and a feeling of intense, straight-from-the-field freshness. Besides having a wonderful flavor, YOOM® also contains a large amount of anthocyanins compared to conventional tomatoes, which makes it ideal for a healthy lifestyle. Also, the variety contains plenty of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, potassium and selenium. The purple color is due to the anthocyanin compounds, which are deemed ideal for a healthy diet. As pointed out by the exhibitor, the YOOM® offers an affordable gourmet experience for those consumers who wish to improve their daily diet and increase their vitality. Cultivated by selected partners, this new tomato variety is available in branded trays, loose or on the vine.
- Product Developer - Italy
- Commercial Manager | Fresh Produce | Kenya
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe (Benelux - Germany)
- Technical sales specialists Florida, Virginia, North Caroline, South Carolina, Texas, - USA
- Business Development Manager Spain
- Director of Operations - Ethiopia
- Product Manager Premium Beans - Rotterdam, NL
- Crop Consultant - Canada
- Market Access & Quality Systems Manager | Fruit - Bologna, Italy
- Corporate Account Manager - Chilliwack (BC) Canada
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Walmart: $10bln surprise after buying Flipkart
- Kenyan avocado season has mixed results depending on variety
- "Ceremony held for first shipment of cold-treatment-free cherries from Izmir, Turkey"
- "If you do not have IP amongst your offering you will quickly lose relevance in the market"
Top 5 -last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-07-16 "Chinese ginger prices stay high, Dutch traders turn to South American product"
- 2019-07-16 Cucumber market up as some regions experience issues
- 2019-07-16 Summer campaign promotes blending mushrooms and veal
- 2019-07-16 The future of sustainable vegetable varieties
- 2019-07-16 "Organic and conventional productions shouldn't be combined"
- 2019-07-16 Australia: Packing shed to install blemish, colour and weight tomato recognition system
- 2019-07-16 “If customers order a lorry of chicory at 7 am, it’ll be ready for them by 2 pm”
- 2019-07-15 Mustard, broccoli and cabbage - protein responsible for bitter taste revealed
- 2019-07-15 It looks like a watermelon, but tastes like a cucumber
- 2019-07-15 "For chicory, alternative packaging is not an option"
- 2019-07-15 Behr AG launches new product line: 'Dampfgenuss'
- 2019-07-15 Green onion production gathering pace in Ohio
- 2019-07-15 California: Inconsistent lettuce production elevating market
- 2019-07-15 India: Tomato prices tripling in Mumbai
- 2019-07-15 Española chile pepper: The first fruiting plant NASA will grow in space
- 2019-07-15 China: Slight rise in vegetable prices due to poor weather conditions
- 2019-07-15 Egyptian garlic season ending - slow season in Europe
- 2019-07-15 MIT team draws on cucumbers to develop surprisingly strong artificial muscles
- 2019-07-15 “After years of explosive growth, Dutch parsnip market is now stabilising”
- 2019-07-12 China: Pumpkin prices vary considerably